FlightService SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 8:56 p.m.

In a bout consisting of only letters and numbers for names, I give you the barcode of all barcode match-ups.

Our first 3 time returning champ after an underdog defeat of the E36 M3. Running on emotion.

The GTV6

vs.

The challenger, this car has been the car of legends. Mythical stories of untold performance thresholds. The car the was built just to be able to fly through air against the world's greatest cars. It's stillborn competition young sibling was claimed to achieve 0-60 in just over 2 seconds.

Ladies and Gentlemen the Ford RS200

FIGHT!!!

fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 8:58 p.m.

That's not a fair fight.

jrw1621 SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 8:59 p.m.

Sort of like comparing a horse to a unicorn???

93EXCivic SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:00 p.m.

This is just silly.

jrw1621 SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:02 p.m.

RS200 vs Stratos?

Stratos for me.

T.J. SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:04 p.m.

RS200.....I would rather have one of those than 10 GTV6's.

mad_machine SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:11 p.m.

beauty alone does it for me.. the GTV6

MG Bryan Dork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:11 p.m.

The RS200 wasn't stillborn. It was fully homologated. And for what it's worth, the road cars (excepting the 2 dozen Evos) only had 250hp and do 0-60 in about 6.5s.

T.J. SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:18 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

The eye of the beholder I guess. Of all the things I like about the GTV6, its looks is really nowhere on the list.

darkbuddha Reader
Feb. 22, 2012 9:19 p.m.

Really? REALLY?!?!!! Change it to:

vs.

... and maybe.

MG Bryan Dork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:22 p.m.

In reply to darkbuddha:

The Delta would need to be an S4 Stradale.

FlightService SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:22 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote: The RS200 wasn't stillborn. It was fully homologated. And for what it's worth, the road cars (excepting the 2 dozen Evos) only had 250hp and do 0-60 in about 6.5s.

stillborn younger sibling....

MG Bryan Dork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:25 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
MG Bryan wrote: The RS200 wasn't stillborn. It was fully homologated. And for what it's worth, the road cars (excepting the 2 dozen Evos) only had 250hp and do 0-60 in about 6.5s.

The RS200 sucked, but It still wasn't stillborn.

FlightService SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:27 p.m.

If the last fight didn't teach you anything, you should have picked up on this truth about cars.

It doesn't matter xyz, it matters what xyz is to you. some are all out performance, some are the lovely sound, some are stunning good looks, it's exclusivity.

whatever each of these cars are to you, that is how you vote.

To me these cars are about equal (slight edge to the RS200) The beauty of the Alfa with the amazing sound and the performance and quirky-ness appearance of the RS200. Both great in their own ways.

Now quit your bitchin' and fight!

FlightService SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:29 p.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
FlightService wrote:

OMG the Evo was still born because they killed group B, that was the badass version

mad_machine SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:33 p.m.

if you want to do a VS thread on rally cars.. do one. For now, lets stick to our two contenders

dansxr2 HalfDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:34 p.m.

There was an RS200 on Ebay stateside recently.... It was freakin amazing, and super low mileage!

MG Bryan Dork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:34 p.m.
FlightService wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
FlightService wrote:

OMG the Evo was still born because they killed group B, that was the badass version

They made 24 of them. Not stillborn.

In the interest of not coming off as a complete dick, I'll suggest you look in the the Lada Samara Group B car. Since that never made it past testing, it was pretty much stillborn.

The RS200 Evo is no more still born than the Porsche 959. No it never raced in Group B, but it was very much a project that was seen to realization.

JFX001 SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:35 p.m.

RS 200...no question. Street/Evo....I would take one over any other Group B car. Period.

93EXCivic SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 9:42 p.m.

RS200

darkbuddha Reader
Feb. 22, 2012 9:50 p.m.

In reply to MG Bryan:

Yes please!

darkbuddha Reader
Feb. 22, 2012 9:53 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: if you want to do a VS thread on rally cars.. do one. For now, lets stick to our two contenders

Okay... RS200, any day, everyday, all the time. It's the only car I'd sell my XR for. Seriously. Besides, I've already got a parts stash for the RS200 started... doors, taillights, etc.

pimpm3 Reader
Feb. 22, 2012 9:53 p.m.

How does the GTV-6 keep winning. I mean they look cool and sound good but really....

clutchsmoke Reader
Feb. 22, 2012 11:04 p.m.

RS200.

92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
Feb. 22, 2012 11:18 p.m.

RS200 by a larger margin than can be described by words.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: E46 M3 Transformation

2 hours ago in News

Watch this E46 M3 go from tuned street car to winged time trial racer in just one page.

Autocross: It's a Jeep Thing

20 hours ago in Articles

What’s a yellow Jeep doing on an autocross course?

GRM Live on Wednesday, June 28: The Science Behind Fasteners

23 hours ago in News

They hold all of your work together, but do you know when to use each type of fastener?

Tech Tips: 2005-'14 Ford Mustang GT

1 day ago in Articles

Want to learn some speed tricks for the S197 Ford Mustang GT? We brought in an expert.

Removing Clear Bra From Project Rallycross Focus

1 day ago in Project Cars

Our latest to-do item was motivated by self-respect rather than speed.

2017 Ram 1500 Night Edition Crew Cab

1 day ago in New Car Reviews

Half-ton trucks are just getting bigger and bigger, aren't they. This Ram 150, dubbed "Night Edition," is really an optioned-out ...

Get Your Subscription Combo Deals!

1 day ago in News

Get both our magazines for the price of one!

Action Cam Guide

2 days ago in Articles

Capture your on-track memories with today’s latest and greatest

Reader's Ride of the Week: Troyer Modified Hillclimber

2 days ago in News

It's a circle track car that's been convinced to turn left and right, and go up hills.

You Need This: Track-Ready 1991 Mazda Miata for $5500

2 days ago in News

What’s better than a Miata? How about a Miata that’s ready for the track?

MX-5 Cup Racing: Live on Your Screen This Friday and Saturday

5 days ago in News

Catch all the action of the Global MX-5 Cup race at Road America live this weekend.

How to Run Compressed Air at Home

5 days ago in Articles

A guide for installing an air compressor and air tools in your home garage.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
wDkQ1g9bY2Tw1LSfZlpvkVZnMq5hoOVL