845 HP Mustang thing in LA

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
11/17/14 9:53 a.m.

I lol'd at the 7:38 mark.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
11/17/14 10:11 a.m.
racerfink wrote: I lol'd at the 7:38 mark.

Clever, well done as usual.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
11/17/14 10:21 a.m.

Will
Will SuperDork
11/17/14 10:49 a.m.

Lots and lots of pissed off highway commuters visible in the background @ 9:50.

Entertaining as always, though.

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH New Reader
11/17/14 11:30 a.m.

That was a fun watch. From the looks of the tire tracks, it seems like there were only about 3-5 "takes". I liked the part with the g-body on hydros.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
11/17/14 11:35 a.m.

Roughly 4:00 mark - donuts around what appears to be a wrecked WRX/STi shell!

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
11/17/14 11:36 a.m.

I had to try to convince a co-worker that drifting is not the fastest way around the corner. He remains incorrect. Honestly, I can see the guy is a good driver, but there isn't much to me that appeals to me. It's like skateboarding and ballet.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory SuperDork
11/17/14 11:48 a.m.

800+ horsepower, wasting who knows how many sets of tires in an awd muscle car through city streets with no real reason?

This appeals to me.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/17/14 12:36 p.m.

Love it.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
11/17/14 1:35 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: I had to try to convince a co-worker that drifting is not the fastest way around the corner. He remains incorrect. Honestly, I can see the guy is a good driver, but there isn't much to me that appeals to me. It's like skateboarding and ballet.

Its not about speed, its about car control. Block has become very good at it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
11/17/14 2:09 p.m.

Love the white Bronco chase.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/17/14 2:20 p.m.
CobraSpdRH wrote: it seems like there were only about 3-5 "takes".

before he wrecked the car....

I think the car looks awesome but would be a bit awesomer if it were raked forward a bit more. Seemed like it looked oddly 'prerunner' for a 65 mustang.

Will
Will SuperDork
11/17/14 2:53 p.m.
NGTD wrote:
tuna55 wrote: I had to try to convince a co-worker that drifting is not the fastest way around the corner. He remains incorrect. Honestly, I can see the guy is a good driver, but there isn't much to me that appeals to me. It's like skateboarding and ballet.
Its not about speed, its about marketing. Block has become very good at it.

I'm not trying to hate. He has phenomenal car control skills, but his marketing skills are even better.

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
11/17/14 2:57 p.m.
Will wrote:
NGTD wrote:
Its not about speed, its about marketing. Block has become very good at it.
I'm not trying to hate. He has phenomenal car control skills, but his marketing skills are even better.

I agree and that is why most people hate on Block - he is living the dream. Flying around in fast cars on other people's money.

Look at some of the skid marks on the video, in many cases he puts the car right back on the same spot over and over.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
11/17/14 3:05 p.m.

The first loop around the doughnut shop is fresh tire marks. I love what Block does. I also want that motor in my Wagon. The sounds, what glorious sounds.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/14 3:08 p.m.

Looked like he almost snagged a wheel stop at the doughnut shop.

How can he see where he is going with all that tire smoke in the cabin?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/17/14 3:22 p.m.

It makes all kinds of the right noises, thats for sure. I still think 5 has my favorite clip- he jumps sideways up a hill, and they do a pan shift of the Car mid air. Gets me every time.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/14 4:11 p.m.

Ken Block who?

I enjoyed it. He does have the marketing game down, although I don't buy his stuff. What I did find odd though is you never saw his face in this one. Was it really him?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man New Reader
11/17/14 4:13 p.m.

Really Good. Probably my second-favourite Gymkhana, next to San-Fran.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/14 6:10 p.m.

Around 6:55 we see he didn't pull the safety pin on the fire suppression. Somebody think of the childrens!!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/14 6:14 p.m.

Yeah, awesome job as always! The little details seem to be getting better with each vid...not that his driving is getting worse.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/17/14 7:40 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: I had to try to convince a co-worker that drifting is not the fastest way around the corner. He remains incorrect.

Go to a dirt track and tell them that.

Don't care for the videos either.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/14 8:38 p.m.

Does anybody have as much fun doing what he does as KB? I think not.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
11/17/14 8:46 p.m.

Good video

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z7LcesWDfN9r8CSPKo9hpPVLCWVQYTrrTdVx7pIcNuR2LQhEgewiNW3IsF5rLbns