markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/27/17 6:40 p.m.

I'm trying to find my hans installation tools without luck, so far. Anyone have tbem and willing to loan or...?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
2/27/17 10:05 p.m.

You mean the wrench to apply the tether studs to the helmet? What model / type of tether? I have a sport II with the quick click tether and it just used a standard Allen wrench on the outside and a slim wrench inside.

If you're looking for the slim wrench for the inside I can try to find mine. I bet you could use a regular open end wrench though.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/27/17 10:43 p.m.

Wrench. The dealer did it the first time around. I thought I left the tools in the gear bag. Wrong.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
2/28/17 8:17 a.m.

I was misled by the title.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
2/28/17 8:51 a.m.
dculberson wrote: I bet you could use a regular open end wrench though.

You can. It's a disc with a flat cut in it. I used an adjustable.

Put a drop of loctite on the thread - they have an uncanny penchant for working loose otherwise.

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/28/17 9:22 a.m.

I have a couple of flat wrenches from HANS.

You can borrow one if you want: send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail.

I think you can buy one from Downing Atlanta for around $20 shipped if you want your own.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/28/17 9:46 a.m.

I can use a regular wrench on my ols helmet but there is no space on my HJC. And I mean none. Wish it was pre threaded!

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/28/17 9:46 a.m.

In reply to LanEvo:

Where are you?

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/28/17 12:21 p.m.
markwemple wrote: In reply to LanEvo: Where are you?

Manhattan

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
2/28/17 12:48 p.m.

In reply to LanEvo:

I work in Manhattan, live in lower Westchester. Leaving on a business trip tomorrow, but assuming I can find it am happy to bring the HANS wrench in with me and meet somewhere.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
2/28/17 1:04 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: I was misled by the title.

Me too,

just in case, were you looking for the Hans removal tool?

Or do we have the wrong Hans?

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
2/28/17 6:37 p.m.

I'm in MD. Too far to borrow a tool. Thanks, I'll probably buy one.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/17 9:34 a.m.

Wish I'd popped in here earlier, could've answered a lot of questions. The required torque is low enough that you can tighten the fasteners while holding the mounts with your fingers (with a little help from friction as it tightens), but it'll hurt. Loctite is required, the manual says so. I only found my sheet metal wrench after I put the first one in without it...any regular wrench is too thick BTW.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SP8khh0Vn8iuF0zlFcxgFiOynaBBzfmSPAjZ69ky8wycCV8rPBO1p77GHmfNnDlx