2/15/19 6:38 a.m.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/15/19 7:20 a.m.

Go old man!  Good health and prosper!     

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/15/19 2:18 p.m.

Here is a photo I took in the fall of 1967 at a Lime Rock regional. Roger Barr in a Crossle. He transported it on back of a VW pick up.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/19 3:17 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Cool photo! Where exactly was that? Exiting Big Bend or West Bend just before the bridge?

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
2/15/19 6:07 p.m.

I think it is before the bridge.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/15/19 7:28 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Just past the crest of the hill in the back. Before West Bend. Suspension is not fully settled yet. I spent a lot of time there trying unsuccessfully to get wheels up shots. Another day I got a whole bunch of spins though, not Roger! For the camera nerds: Nikon S2 range finder, 135 telephoto, Ektachrome, and I was  15....

Woody
2/15/19 7:32 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Ahh...Thanks for solving the mystery. I was trying to place that backdrop, but things have grown up around there so much through the years!

That's a great photo. Have you shared it with Roger?

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/15/19 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Besides the people viewing this thread, the only others to have seen this are my now deceased parents. They saw it as a projected transparency when it was new. Similarly this one from a little later in the F5000 car, still transported by VW pickup. I cannot locate a shot I know I have, probably taken by my mother, of Roger standing next to one of his cars up on the VW. this was very elevated, the car sat above the tool bins.                            

Lime Rock National 1969

Woody
2/15/19 9:32 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I am sending you a Private Message through GRM

jamesbarr61
jamesbarr61 New Reader
2/1/21 10:30 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Sir, that picture of Roger standing next to the A car on his truck would be an awesome edition to his Facebook page. If you could find it, it would be credited to you(obviously) and would make a super edition to the page.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/1/21 2:54 p.m.

In reply to jamesbarr61 :

I will scrounge som more for that. I just re-posted the shot of the FB car on the other thread.

In reply to jamesbarr61 :

From one original Staten Islander to another, Happy Birthday!   What part of Staten Island was Dad from?  I was originally from Westerleigh.

jamesbarr61
jamesbarr61 New Reader
6/29/22 2:30 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

This is the Formula A Crossle that Roger campaigned for a few years. There are a couple of pictures floating around of myself and a few of my cousins siting in it before he sold it. "Cost too much to feed, and the Formula B car was faster..." is what my father said...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C99tN84BW5jMDFXrtEcBuVg6C2PrzaTXoPTg4l18irlmw5By0L1Jtx5RIqACH3Hv