1 2
redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie Reader
10/21/16 3:15 a.m.

So, I've spent the last few days installing webers and linkages and other fun stuff.

Amongst all that, I found two companies that went out of their way to help me figure out a solution to the LSD issue.

First was Cusco. They explained to me that they simply had no idea what "might" fit a 82 Starlet. They sent me pictures and diagrams ans told me that if I could get the LSD out, they might find something that can be pieced together.

Second, was Kaaz. I was not aware of this but apparently Kaaz worked with TRD early on to develop TRD LSDs. They even sent me, and told me, what was in my LSD...and they were right. However, no off the shelf Kaaz unit's will fit except for the early Miata. They said it was a very close call but again, they didn't want to promise something that wasn't true. They sent me complete diagrams of a Miata LSD and told me to measure mine and compare. Here's where they start going a step beyond--they then said that if parts were close enough they could make a one off set of clutches and springs. Furthermore, they showed me exactly how to add a .5mm shim to get that performance back.

And finally, Mr. Nakadate called his brother who works for Japan Corporate to see if a rebuild kit could tracked down.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
10/21/16 6:03 a.m.

Kaaz just moved up Several spots in how I perceive their company. Good customer service is huge.

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Reader
10/22/16 10:30 a.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qLYsWcOWzD5GEYWed5H500B7o68Pg4btFZVbACgL6nSziLlDfK5b9zTksxwYxYAI