NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/2/19 10:11 a.m.

I just saw where Nankang, purveyor of cheap tires (my co-worker just got 265/65R18 A/T tires at $89) now sells a 100TW race tires. It comes in a pretty wide array of sizes, including 235/45R13 and 245/40R15. And the prices seem pretty reasonable, like $160ea for the 245/40R15. I have no illusions of these things being better than Hoosiers, but I'm curious how good (or bad) they are.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/2/19 10:45 a.m.

yes... they make R14.. since I have 14" wheels..  cause I'm poor  I'm interested as well.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/2/19 10:52 a.m.

There's at least one thread about these. I think they've been brought up a few times.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/nankang-ar-1s-where-to-buy/151536/page1/

_
_ HalfDork
10/2/19 11:01 a.m.

Has anyone found a place to buy these from in the us that offers free shipping? They would be a great deal if you didn’t have to pay shipping. 

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
10/2/19 7:29 p.m.

The Canadian YouTube channel Speed Academy has been testing with Nankang tires.  You should be able to find some information through them.  I think the response has been positive.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
10/2/19 8:43 p.m.

I autocrossed these on a CSP Miata this year and I liked them a lot. They are faster than RE-71R's, they heat up very fast but don't overheat on track and they are very predictable. Not as fast as hoosiers obvisously, but a great tires at a great price.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/2/19 9:15 p.m.

I hear lots of good things about them 

G speed here in DFW started to carry them. 

I expect to try them at some point. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/2/19 9:24 p.m.

In reply to _ :

Phil's trackside 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/2/19 10:56 p.m.
captdownshift said:

In reply to _ :

Phil's trackside 

I thought the same, but not anymore. They charge $15 a tire now.. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/3/19 5:14 a.m.
fanfoy said:

I autocrossed these on a CSP Miata this year and I liked them a lot. They are faster than RE-71R's, they heat up very fast but don't overheat on track and they are very predictable. Not as fast as hoosiers obvisously, but a great tires at a great price.

Well, that's good to hear. The big thing I was wondering was whether they were any faster than today's crop of 200TW tires, and oit sounds like it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MNixBzdSjO17K18larrIzsMRynTJa5miiQQxkIeGb0DWyG39XG6onXbxFlV5t8aw