1 2
Grace_Imports
Grace_Imports New Reader
3/19/14 9:14 p.m.

Hi Gang, I was led here by the way of Paul aka SVreX. I've been a wrench on and off for over 20 years now. I mostly drive older turbo Volvos. My current DD is a 93 940 Turbo with a little this and a little that. My longer term project is an 86 240 wagon that was factory N/A auto. It's now a turbo M/T and will get another cam,8 more valves and more boost at some point. I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 put away for whenever. Past rides include a 63 Volvo PV544, 73 Volvo 145, 73 VW412, a modded and fast 92 Nissan Maxima SE 5 speed, 89 Honda CBR600F, 02 Yamaha Fz1, and blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this group and I hope I can bring something to the table.

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
3/19/14 9:15 p.m.

Welcome.

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/19/14 9:18 p.m.

Greetings! MST3K rocks.

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
3/19/14 9:44 p.m.

Welcome, you'll fit right in!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
3/19/14 9:45 p.m.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/19/14 9:52 p.m.

Yeah, you belong here, welcome future dork

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/19/14 9:52 p.m.

Welcome to the most interesting show on earth.

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
3/19/14 10:06 p.m.

Welcome to the play pen.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/19/14 10:12 p.m.

Welcome aboard! Crow was my favorite on MST3K. You will fit right in here, nice of Paul to steer you this way.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
3/19/14 10:14 p.m.

Motorsickle? blah blah blah, Welcome .The discussion includes anything from childbirth to hydrogen bombs,and we're just getting started. Grab a scrap and start chewing.

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
3/19/14 10:48 p.m.

Anyone that adds a turbo and manual trans to a wagon is cool in my book.

BTW, this thread needs more pics.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
3/20/14 7:37 a.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Motorsickle? blah blah blah, Welcome .The discussion includes anything from childbirth to hydrogen bombs,and we're just getting started. Grab a scrap and start chewing.

you forgot about some instantly replying when a question about bull semen was asked … someone on here will always have the answer you need

stan
stan UltraDork
3/20/14 7:46 a.m.

Welcome!

Have fun.

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
3/20/14 8:13 a.m.

Welcome to the fold.

Cheers;

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
3/20/14 8:19 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
TRoglodyte wrote: Motorsickle? blah blah blah, Welcome .The discussion includes anything from childbirth to hydrogen bombs,and we're just getting started. Grab a scrap and start chewing.

you forgot about some instantly replying when a question about bull semen was asked … someone on here will always have the answer you need

There is a little bit of everything on here, isn't there. Dorks of the World Unite!

Welcome to the Asylum!

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
3/20/14 8:26 a.m.

Welcome to the hive mind. Sounds like you've already been assimilated.

I'm a big fan of MST3K as well. Looking forward to seeing your Volvo builds. Feel free to start a build thread in that section of the forum and show us what they're all about.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/20/14 9:36 a.m.

Sean is being modest.

When you meet a guy who is:

  • Clearly a competent builder, is currently driving a DD Turbo Brick that runs 13's with ease (on crappy tires), and has 12's in his sights
  • Has built it for under $2K, and could bring it to the $20XX Challenge today and be seriously competitive
  • Mentions Megasquirt in your first conversation, and knows DIY AutoTune
  • Can rattle off from his head all the junk yard swaps for bolt-on performance mods for 90's vintage Volvos, and
  • Thinks you are an idiot for mentioning a 5.0L swap for a Volvo, instead of using a Volvo mill and gaining MORE power...

You have found a winner, and there is only 1 place to drag a guy like that!

After 10 years of solo efforts, maybe I FINALLY have a team mate located in my home town. If so, you guys better watch out, because Sean and I together would ROCK the $2014 Challenge!

He is also well versed in Hondas, other marques, and aviation, so he's got plenty of clout to bring to this forum! You guys (and gals) will like him.

This guy is an addict, with the knowledge and abilities to pull it off!

Be warned...

Grace_Imports
Grace_Imports New Reader
3/20/14 11:26 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:

Thank you Brother. Good Stuff!

Grace_Imports
Grace_Imports New Reader
3/20/14 11:42 a.m.
singleslammer wrote:
wbjones wrote:
TRoglodyte wrote: Motorsickle? blah blah blah, Welcome .The discussion includes anything from childbirth to hydrogen bombs,and we're just getting started. Grab a scrap and start chewing.

you forgot about some instantly replying when a question about bull semen was asked … someone on here will always have the answer you need

There is a little bit of everything on here, isn't there. Dorks of the World Unite!

Welcome to the Asylum!

There seems to be a recurring theme in my life: dork, geek, nerd etc. What's up with that? Is that an assumption people make of people who are MST3K, Rush or Turbo-Brick fan... or otherwise cars that are not tupperware clad Civics, Mustangs or mindless 350 hack swapees.(I forgot to mention the local fare of either ((A)) American barges with bright, poorly executed candy paint, 24" rims or ((B)) Z71s with lift kits, a Browning and/or John Deere decal, and a horribly loud crush bent dual exhaust with glasspacks and rusty lopsided 3.5" slash tips. The l o n g windouts of said Z71s are extremely agonizing since they are rocking 255 crank HP to lug 5000 lbs of slow, but I digress.

Either way, I'm glad to be in the mix of fellow nerds, gerks, dorks or whatever...

Grace_Imports
Grace_Imports New Reader
3/20/14 11:50 a.m.
SVreX wrote: Sean is being modest. When you meet a guy who is: - Clearly a competent builder, is currently driving a DD Turbo Brick that runs 13's with ease (on crappy tires), and has 12's in his sights - Has built it for under $2K, and could bring it to the $20XX Challenge today and be seriously competitive - Mentions Megasquirt in your first conversation, and knows DIY AutoTune - Can rattle off from his head all the junk yard swaps for bolt-on performance mods for 90's vintage Volvos, and - Thinks you are an idiot for mentioning a 5.0L swap for a Volvo, instead of using a Volvo mill and gaining MORE power... You have found a winner, and there is only 1 place to drag a guy like that! After 10 years of solo efforts, maybe I FINALLY have a team mate located in my home town. If so, you guys better watch out, because Sean and I together would ROCK the $2014 Challenge! He is also well versed in Hondas, other marques, and aviation, so he's got plenty of clout to bring to this forum! You guys (and gals) will like him. This guy is an addict, with the knowledge and abilities to pull it off! Be warned...

Aw thanks... I'm not sure what to say. I'm not completely against a 5.0 swap but there's a lot of has been stuff that people still do. No disrespect to a small block Chevy but I will be OK if I never see another Chrome and L'Orange 350 stuffed in a non-native chassis or hot rod again. Show me a vintage rod with a Buick Nailhead, then I might get interested. How about a Jeep 4.0 with a big turbo in a Gremlin?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/20/14 11:54 a.m.

I told you guys!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/20/14 11:55 a.m.

Sean:

Dork (and varying scales of Dorkdom) is board specific- it is a status based on your post count.

Yes, mine is embarrassing.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
3/20/14 11:57 a.m.

Yeah you will fit in here perfectly, welcome to the insanity.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
3/20/14 12:09 p.m.

Hail, fellow well met! (too dorky?)

spnx
spnx Reader
3/20/14 12:35 p.m.
Grace_Imports wrote: I have a 91 Nissan NX2000 put away for whenever.

Cool. You will fit right in.

And I've got one of them too (see avatar): 1992 NX2000 hardtop

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
u3CaqFDSafn6BH67WqFXAZnc8FUSOqb6