Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/23/08 7:08 p.m.

Hey there! Long time GRM reader, but it took me lots of years to sign up on the board here. So I'll be hanging out, and introducing my garage of toys and fun things. And yes, my garage is a mess, but it's my man mess, so it's ok.

First, my daily driver:

I remember wanting that car the first time I saw it in a magazine in college working a job at a video store. Z06 for life, man.

And my less practical occasional driver:

I just started riding this year, and find it to be an excellent way to destress.

And the project that probably interests you most here, my 1971 Pontiac T-37 show-race car project:

That now looks like this in front:

And this under the rear:

With a 2005 GTO rear suspension subframe almost installed.

And that's it for now. I'll keep you all updated on the T-37, it should be a lot of fun.

DR

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
12/23/08 7:35 p.m.

Good stuff. Let us know how it all goes.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
12/23/08 8:17 p.m.

Interesting. I've seen LS transplants into old Pontiacs before, but never the late model GTO rear suspension. We'll need more information on that.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
12/23/08 9:16 p.m.

What he said. No tease. More pix.

Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/23/08 9:29 p.m.

Will do, those pics are a few months old. I'll get some updates over the next couple of weeks as I have some time off!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/23/08 11:19 p.m.

nice work, D_R! welcome aboard. one of my first cars was a '68 tempest, so i've got a soft spot for the GM A-body. definitely want to follow the build of your T37.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
12/24/08 12:46 a.m.

I hate you for all three of those rides.

Welcome.

Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/24/08 5:57 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: I hate you for all three of those rides. Welcome.

hah!

Thanks!

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/24/08 7:38 a.m.

Mmmmmm Z06! LOVE the T37 project! I'm a sucker for LSx swaps into anything, but with the GTO IRS as well? That's just plain cool! Don't forget to put them all in the "Reader's Rides". You can update them with additional pictures and stuff as you like, it's a pretty neat feature.

Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/24/08 9:14 a.m.

I'll have to do that! The Z06 gets more attention than the T-37 project. I just had to drop in a carbon driveshaft. My abuse finally led to the bending of the aluminum one, plus the car is getting ready for a TVS2300 hopefully next month.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/24/08 10:40 a.m.

My brother had a T37 back in the day, I loved that car.

Welcome.

Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/24/08 3:23 p.m.

Someone should have told me I had a pic of the stock wheels on my Z06 up there. Sheesh!!!

Gotsol
Gotsol New Reader
12/25/08 6:00 a.m.

Great rides!

I had a 72 LeMans that never quite became a GTO.

Can you provide more pictures or specifics on the IRS swap?

Daddy_Rocket
Daddy_Rocket New Reader
12/25/08 9:40 a.m.
Gotsol wrote: Great rides! I had a 72 LeMans that never quite became a GTO. Can you provide more pictures or specifics on the IRS swap?

Sure will. right now the frame has been chopped and sectioned, and I ran out of cutting wheels, so everything is still kind of dangling. I've almost got it in, though. I'll get some updates when it's fitting in a bit better.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LkHq6yn6nRDv1GfXOJkgBlkQDBs6Z2v7NJwXLDfooy35kSc2lkcN9lm1LprYkShC