Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/23/16 10:28 p.m.

Hey guys, I have a 1991 Prelude with 4WS. The passenger side steering boot is torn and I need a new one, but I can't find one. The passenger side boot is specific to the 4WS models and discontinued from Honda. Rock Auto doesn't have a listing for one either. I'm thinking of finding a boot from another vehicle and making it work. Anyone know the best way of doing that?

The boot needs to have a 57mm (about 2.2") inner diameter on the rack end and 11.5mm on the inner tie rod end. The factory boot has a nipple for an air transfer hose, but I think I might be able to make one without the nipple work.

I bought a left side boot not knowing how they were different. Here's the two together:

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
8/24/16 8:08 a.m.

You need to find an online buyers guide, or a friendly 50 year old parts counter guy with a paper buyers guide. They show dimensions, so you just need to find something close.

Or, you could go wander around the pick'n'pull and look under every car in the place.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/24/16 7:02 p.m.

I ended up finding this with google: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Part-Black-Rubber-Power-Steering/dp/B009XNRZ7G

They don't ship to Canada, and I couldn't find anywhere else in North America that sold one (it's also listed on Amazon.com, but unavailable).
I signed up for a parcel forwarding service called forward2me and bought the Amazon UK item, hopefully it all works out. I figure if the pictures and dimensions are correct it will slip on with basically no modifications so spending the £15 or so is worth it rather than poring over paper guides for hours.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GOF90vxMzZVUnBvsgBuNS1aBChdCIwI8MjkjLc3L5PTJnMGHseqTm1hyfKLskqmb