1 2 3 4
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/28/18 6:48 p.m.

The Teak Brown Metallic was the Audi Exclusive color of 2011. They used it on all of the ad cars for the entire range.

Like this one. Which they used in a ad of India of all places. 

Now I think there are 3 of them out there in a 2011 Spider with the V8, i think there are two in the V10. That is what I was told and I have had one other person comment that they own the other spider.  

I know that only about 42 total V8 spiders with manuals were sold in 2011 and about the same the next year so not going to see myself coming and going. The cool thing about this one in perticular is it has all of the carbon from the factory, and it has full leather. Which was a 5.5K option in the coupe like 3.5 in the spyde as no roof. So it gets the contrasting stitching, the full carbon/leather doors, the leather dash and the seats with the leather behind them and on the seat bottoms.  Very few got this. Someone went nuts and just clicked all the boxes on this one down to the parking package which is rare as well. It has the iPhone cable as well which is part of the MMI which is fantastic.

Audi options at least follow a patten IE if you get a V10 Spider and you ordered R-Tronic 99% of them got sports exhaust. With Porsche its a cluster truck. You can have 10K in leather in a base car or a Turbo stripper and you don't know exactly what each car has and they are impossible to get a good value on.

Dave M
Dave M Reader
12/28/18 6:52 p.m.

Your car looks amazing, congrats!

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/28/18 6:55 p.m.

Congrats! And yes the R jag does make very good sounds. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/28/18 7:24 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Should’ve gone with that orange guy in the background.....

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
12/28/18 7:32 p.m.

EDIT: missed that you already got one. Congrats :)

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/28/18 8:24 p.m.

It's amazing how the brown in the India ad looks awesome and the pictures on the dealer website look so bland.  I would prefer the lighter tan than the darker brown, but it still looks good. Does it have the baseball glove stitching like Audi used to do in the TT roadsters? I love that.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/29/18 9:18 a.m.
Ian F said:

It's amazing how the brown in the India ad looks awesome and the pictures on the dealer website look so bland.  I would prefer the lighter tan than the darker brown, but it still looks good. Does it have the baseball glove stitching like Audi used to do in the TT roadsters? I love that.

It had the double contract stitching like in the lp570 galllardos. 

We are on the road left at four in the morning. Already through Oxnard so 100 miles out of so. Having fun with my dad  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/29/18 12:31 p.m.

Drove five hours to get a perfect car. That “perfect” car had front hit damage side hit damage bad ac and bad clutch and shifter. So yeah did not buy it. 

Dealer was old school bullE36 M3 artist. Out 200$ for the rental and a day but not stuck with a car that needed 15k worth of work.

droving down cost clearing my head.  

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/29/18 2:07 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Dealer was old school bullE36 M3 artist.

It's amazing to me that the amount of foolish / ignorant money playing at that level allows a guy like that to survive.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/29/18 2:34 p.m.

When I am done with him he won’t. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/29/18 2:35 p.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Drove five hours to get a perfect car. That “perfect” car had front hit damage side hit damage bad ac and bad clutch and shifter. So yeah did not buy it. 

Dealer was old school bullE36 M3 artist. Out 200$ for the rental and a day but not stuck with a car that needed 15k worth of work.

droving down cost clearing my head.  

that sucks, enjoy the day with your dad and kickstart the search again tomorrow. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/29/18 2:41 p.m.

Damn... that sucks.  Good to walk away, though.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/29/18 6:12 p.m.

So you getting the Jag?  cheeky

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/29/18 6:23 p.m.

Sorry to hear about the deal calling though that's some BS!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/29/18 6:24 p.m.
dean1484 said:

So you getting the Jag?  cheeky

May just get the v10 rtronic in town for 90 and call it done. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/29/18 6:30 p.m.

Idk if you're still looking but...

2011 R8 in Houston - 6spd, nardo wrapped, warranty

Dave M
Dave M Reader
12/29/18 6:31 p.m.

Nooooo! Sucks.

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/29/18 7:40 p.m.

Hard to believe those types of dealers survive when dealing with such high end cars.  Whose owners expect to see what they're told...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
12/29/18 7:52 p.m.

I just got home. I left at 4am its now 5:48pm. 654 miles in one day. I was in a car for 90% of that and I just took a muscle relaxer and am taking a bath. I am not entirely sure that I have the strength to really keep car shopping after this. I drove straight through LA twice and did not even get to go to Diamonds bakery for my trouble.

I know this car but its at the top of my budget if I have it shipped and after this I would have to have someone put eyes on it personally.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/427535-sale-2011-audi-r8-v10-5-2-gated-manual-6spd-under-warranty.html

I may just find a 911/997.2 Vert that fits the bill in the 50's and call it or use a broker to find one.

80sFast
80sFast Reader
12/29/18 8:35 p.m.

E36 M3ty it didn’t workout. But happy you didn’t buy it and have it delivered. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/30/18 10:46 p.m.

Catching up on my GRM reading here. I made it through the thread only to find... that. I'm really sorry to hear how that turned out for you, man. What a crappy way to spend a day, too.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
12/31/18 12:21 a.m.

If I had your other cars I'd be looking at an AMG wagon, M5, or whatever the baddest luxury wagon/midsize SUV or crossover type thing you could get with a warranty.  California/metropolitan type traffic is about the only thing that could keep me from insisting on 3 pedals.  Is there anything all electric or maybe a sport hybrid that hangs with your above choices?

docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
12/31/18 8:24 a.m.

Just got back home from visting my folks in San Diego.  Honestly if I lived back there and had a commute I'd be on a motorcycle so I could lane split and be in the HOV lane.  If that's not for you, then an E63 AMG Wagon is some serious hot sauce...

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
12/31/18 9:25 a.m.

San Diego.......drop top .....check, but have you even taken a look the RS5?.....love the dark gray me self

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/31/18 9:27 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

I just got home. I left at 4am its now 5:48pm. 654 miles in one day. I was in a car for 90% of that and I just took a muscle relaxer and am taking a bath. I am not entirely sure that I have the strength to really keep car shopping after this. I drove straight through LA twice and did not even get to go to Diamonds bakery for my trouble.

I know this car but its at the top of my budget if I have it shipped and after this I would have to have someone put eyes on it personally.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/427535-sale-2011-audi-r8-v10-5-2-gated-manual-6spd-under-warranty.html

I may just find a 911/997.2 Vert that fits the bill in the 50's and call it or use a broker to find one.

Houston... Hmm... maybe message mazdeuce?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eAyd1lynIzcNfymclGHm5gvnBRjbtYegUXgjRwfntIHOmTlKiMU9YDgoOJtVEe6M