1 2 3
Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/27/13 8:01 p.m.

I kinda like the early 7 idea. Remember, the original 7 engine was an English Ford flathead 1.2 liter 4 cylinder, a flathead V8 would be the perfect upgrade.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
1/27/13 8:04 p.m.

SIMCA produced it's own V8 in the 1950's, somehow related to the Flathead Ford unit. Displacement was something comical like 2 liters, made like 45 HP IIRC. The Chrysler bought SIMCA, and Chrysler was (for a time, in Brazil I believe) producing Flathead Ford V8s.

I don't know where I was going with this, just a useless bit of trivia I've had bouncing around inside of my head...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/27/13 8:07 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: I think on old flat fender Jeep would be cool. Leave the hood off.

This. You get your old school cool and headroom problems fixed at the same time. Put some decent suspension under it so it'll handle and really screw some people's heads up.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
1/27/13 8:43 p.m.
Woody wrote: There are so many better engine options for a seven that I'd have to say no.

Yeah, but that's also true for every single vehicle mentioned in this thread.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
1/27/13 8:48 p.m.

I always wanted to use a flathead in a MG TD but could never do it to one but the kit versions that use the pinto drive line could be a different story... A baby street rod

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
1/27/13 9:56 p.m.

There are two outstanding answers in this thread already...

Sprint car and Ford "N" tractor...

another one of my favorite things that I'd like to put one in is a Front Engine Dragster...

I don't know what it is about the flathead V8, but I want one...even though I have nothing good to put one in...

Clem

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
1/28/13 4:15 a.m.
JKleiner wrote: This... Along with your bed of choice. Mine would be something like this.... Jeff

I have one of those beds I'm not going to use...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
1/28/13 5:50 a.m.
Woody wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Woody: I'd put it in an ice racer...
Damn, that's a great idea. Note to self: *...Should have bought that TVR...*

You shouldn't feel bad about that. You already own the perfect flat head ice racer.

4eyes
4eyes Dork
1/28/13 4:20 p.m.

I would put it in one of these:TRACK T

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
1/28/13 4:33 p.m.

Whatever you put it in needs to have zoomies!

Weee!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WCzUXjy5J7vuL4819icCvj7rbqPP7MZ5HtGbNcOr0Z4E90382vr4CLXNnTSCTd5t