racer9
racer9
5/31/09 11:56 a.m.

A friend of mine is looking to spend around 15k on a used car. She likes the Audi a4, Volvo S60, and Jaguar S-type. I've tried to find some long term reviews of these but didn't have any luck. The Edmunds web site has some reviews but less than 20k miles isn't really that many.

If anyone has owned one of these and would like to share their opinion of it I'd appreciate it.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
5/31/09 12:12 p.m.

a co-worker just parted with his A4 after a 3 year relationship. He was fed up with crazy maintenance costs...although it never left him stranded, he did constantly have to limp it around after insert part here failed while he was simply insert very normal driving conditions here. That thing was always on crutches and apparently working on one of these is no picnic...i.e. leave it for the professionals.

from a purely aesthetic standpoint...Volvo FTW

zoomx2
zoomx2 New Reader
5/31/09 1:53 p.m.

I've always liked the S-Types, especially the fact that even I could afford to own a used one.

Of course that's not always a good thing.... Any car that loses resale value that fast is just asking for trouble (can we say negative equity?).

+1 on the Volvo.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/31/09 4:03 p.m.

go with the volvo...

I would love a C30.. I might replace my saab with one in a couple of years

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oIXLguwwZ3jFbxHe9TWgOe2JGhzUsYaDPoIuX0ZTSPSrCtV32w94sviDZ06Fohnl