1 2
Kevin Maffett
Kevin Maffett New Reader
2/11/19 11:13 a.m.

We are currently looking for an additional Associate Publisher to help continue to grow our advertising and events partnerships.

Details are at those links. Due to the high number of applications we receive whenever we have open positions, all applicants must apply through ZipRecruiter. Submissions anywhere else will be ignored.

Here's the link:

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Motorsport-Marketing/Jobs

Thanks!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/11/19 11:26 a.m.

So I should just type out my resume here? In all caps? Sweeeeeeeet.......... 

I did notice that one of the job postings you have says "remote" and I find that intriguing. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 11:47 a.m.

Heck with the remote position, I've been looking to move south and get back in the marketing and motorsports side of the world. 

mazdeuce - Seth
2/11/19 11:50 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

Pretty sure living in a van in their parking lot would still qualify as remote. The parking lot is very nice. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 11:51 a.m.

It's not mentioned anywhere, but GRM usually requires all employees to be based out of the home office. Just FYI for everyone who expects to live in X and work remotely for GRM. I know that's not what the Captain is talking about, but this is for others.

"Pleasant personality, or at least the ability to fake it for eight hours per day, five days per week." <- written by JG or Margie?

captdownshift
2/11/19 11:54 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I've been eyeing a Honda Element for an ECamper conversion. A gym membership to shower and I'm set! 

captdownshift
2/11/19 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I received an email response already, the WiFi doesn't reach the patio. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/11/19 12:15 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

It's not mentioned anywhere, but GRM usually requires all employees to be based out of the home office. Just FYI for everyone who expects to live in X and work remotely for GRM. I know that's not what the Captain is talking about, but this is for others.

"Pleasant personality, or at least the ability to fake it for eight hours per day, five days per week." <- written by JG or Margie?

I actually wrote that. wink

And that remote position is, indeed, a remote position. Work from home anywhere in the country.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
2/11/19 12:16 p.m.

Not a Literary Giant, But I Have Gradeated The Jethro Bodine School Of Cypherin'.

You Know My Ought's & Ought's an Goes into's.

I Also Grew up in Florida and still Speak the Language ,

Maybe not, these Hills have a way of changing ya. 

A Book of Short Stories May Fit My ADHD.

Like How did the Dude Write The Martian and still Find Time to Work ? That's  Impressive.

Keith Tanner
2/11/19 12:17 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:
Keith Tanner said:

I actually wrote that. wink

And that remote position is, indeed, a remote position. Work from home anywhere in the country.

I swear there was no remote option when I looked, but now there be two positions!

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
2/11/19 12:32 p.m.

I think GRM would be an amazing place to work, but apart from being a car guy who lives in Michigan, I have exactly zero of the necessary qualifications.  If the position of “Resident Curmudgeon” ever opens up, let me know.  That I’m qualified for.

captdownshift
2/11/19 12:46 p.m.

In reply to Sanchinguy :

I miss our resident Carmudgeon :( 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 1:04 p.m.

I could totally do that, except i suck with excel and am afraid of flying.  I really don’t think Tom could put up with me on a regular basis either.  Does HR intervene if I follow JG around the office asking “who wants a mustache ride?”

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
2/11/19 1:20 p.m.

If I was American I'd be all over this. My journalism program wraps up in a few weeks

mazdeuce - Seth
2/11/19 1:29 p.m.

I'm still a couple of years out. And I have no skill set to speak of. I am passionate about my lack of skills though. Totally going to put Gastropods on my resume someday. "Piggybacked onto GRM's hard work for fame and glory"

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/11/19 1:35 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I dunno... I mean, they did convince you to work for them for free already....

oh, wait...

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
2/11/19 1:37 p.m.

Once y'all reach the point where you need your own IT staff, I'm there!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 2:02 p.m.

The original job seems to be gone as well now? It's showing "No jobs found."

Keith Tanner
2/11/19 2:17 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

If I was American I'd be all over this. My journalism program wraps up in a few weeks

JG is Canadian or at least has a sordid history of such, I believe. Citizenship may not be requirement.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Digital Experience Director
2/11/19 2:24 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

The link is still working well for me. Worst case, this one should always work:

Employment

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That explains a lot. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/11/19 2:46 p.m.

"Pleasant personality, or at least the ability to fake it for eight hours per day, five days per week."

Five days,  in a row? I'm out. cheeky

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/11/19 3:03 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

"Pleasant personality, or at least the ability to fake it for eight hours per day, five days per week."

Yeah, that just seems totally unreasonable.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/11/19 3:22 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
EastCoastMojo said:

Yeah, that just seems totally unreasonable.

now y'all know why the Europeans only work 35 hours a week, and take all of August off wink

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/11/19 3:36 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I can barely do 5 days a month. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xzBgh5JufcnGyDdu1Ks9it1eVUbASGMd6AqIufjtPGdWfeHrXaFui2JkgeQ3QqsO