Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/11/19 3:45 p.m.

Hmm......the wife has marketing experience ill show her

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 5:06 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

I mean you can get married for citizenship. I'll cheat on you with women though. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/11/19 10:47 p.m.
Patrick said:

I could totally do that, except i suck with excel and am afraid of flying.  I really don’t think Tom could put up with me on a regular basis either.  Does HR intervene if I follow JG around the office asking “who wants a mustache ride?”

Not a bit, unless it's a lousy mustache ride, then just finish filling out that application for Subway you know you grabbed at lunch. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/11/19 10:51 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
G_Body_Man said:

If I was American I'd be all over this. My journalism program wraps up in a few weeks

JG is Canadian or at least has a sordid history of such, I believe. Citizenship may not be requirement.

I'm first-gen U-S-A. I think my mom was actually pregnant with me while she was finishing up her classes and taking the oath. She was the first generation Canadian born after her family came over from the Ukraine. My dad was born here (by a matter of days) from what is now Slovakia, then Czechoslovakia. I spent a lot of my formative summers and long breaks in Canada—enough to adopt an accent from time to time. Sometimes it'll just be a word or two—soory, booroow, toomoorow—stuff like that. Occasioanally you'll hear me bust out a "Grassruuts Motorsports" on the show. A 10 minute conversation with a Canadian, though, and you can hardly tell us apart. Being on stage a lot I have to do a lot of accents, and most of them are very hacky and caricatured, except Canadian. It just flows very naturally. 

And here's a pro tip: "eh" is a thing, but NO ONE who isn't Canadian uses it correctly. Easiest way to spot a fake with good sounding skills is to watch how they use "eh." Chances are they'll give it away there. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 10:56 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

If I was American I'd be all over this. My journalism program wraps up in a few weeks

I really like your writing!!  I can see your stuff in the GRM magazine. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
2/12/19 7:23 a.m.

Does contractor = no benefits in this case?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QDXX3XBeGjZCEg3GNJ7AlxIOhLnMN1gBNnIJYQhbBRD818KIS0g4oaJSwBSjqQMV