1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
1/24/20 4:55 p.m.

Looking at cordless recip saw. Bauer or Hercules? Both 20v. The Bauer is $69 vs Herc $79.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-hypermax-lithium-cordless-variable-speed-reciprocating-saw-with-keyless-chuck-tool-only-56396.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-lithium-ion-cordless-reciprocating-saw-tool-only-64986.html

Buying this weekend. Don't have any HF cordless yet and plan to buy more compatible tools/batteries to replace my aging Dewalt.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/20 5:07 p.m.

Bauer impact can take 40 foot falls..... I really like it, lots of break away torque and the large battery last for ever. 

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
1/24/20 11:07 p.m.

This little pick set gets a fail. Softest metal known to man, it seems. literally bent pulling out an o-ring......Not recommended.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/25/20 6:50 a.m.

Windshield removal kit.

Soft fail. It was kind of cold, and I was a bit overzealous, but I snapped the line twice in quick succession. That never happened with a bass string. Some fault lies in the fact that I'm a ham-fisted idiot.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/25/20 7:26 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

The string is pretty bad. I figured out some technique that minimized breakage. You kind of hold one hand still while pulling toward you with the other (rather than sawing back and forth).  It minimizes the amount of time spent sawing on the same section of string. I got my windshield out intact with it but I'd agree it's a "soft fail." Everything but the string held up fine and the string did its job just with 2-3 breaks. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/18/20 1:53 p.m.

Pittsburgh Item 62620, bolt type wheel puller set.

Fail.

It did get the pulley off my slant six crank, but the shaft centering adapter got stuck on the pressure screw and won't come off. Which also means the screw can't be backed out of the puller. The threads also feel as if they're locked up.

This might have done better if I hadn't used an impact gun to turn it, but it's a crankshaft pulley - it's hard to hold the crank in place. And there's no warnings on the package against using an impact gun. It's getting returned to the store as broken.

Extra fail points when you notice one of the parts has come loose during the photo shoot and isn't in the spot it should be. That picture is taken off the HF website directly.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
2/18/20 1:55 p.m.

same experience with the cord breaking, so yes FAIL.  Were  you get brass cords?

Professor_Brap
2/18/20 4:44 p.m.

Dremel: 

8.9 out of 10 solid pass. 

Pros:

Cheap 

Strong 

Atf resistant 

Cons: 

Only smells like burning motor even after aft bath. 

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
2/18/20 5:53 p.m.

This thread has extended my "to buy" list yes

spandak
spandak HalfDork
2/18/20 10:27 p.m.

The cheap set of punch pins is a fail in my book. Bent and broken, though I was wailing on them. The snap on punches at work on the other hand are literally bullet proof. Probably. I replaced them with the green "professional" set but have yet to test them. 

Professor_Brap
2/19/20 5:43 a.m.

In reply to spandak :

The green set if it's the ones I'm thinking of are good, I use them when working outside so I don't tear up my nice ones.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
2/19/20 9:02 a.m.

I tried their magnetic LED light that has a tilting base.  Love the idea, went thru 4 of them before I had enough and took a store credit.  God forbid you bump or drop it, then it won't turn on at all.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
2/19/20 9:17 a.m.

Fail for their $13 clicking torque wrench.

Stopped clicking after the first bolt. Snapped the second. Went to HD for their $70 Craftsman one before I completely ruin everything and it worked flawlessly.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/20 7:50 a.m.

ICON 1/2" socket set. I'm liking what I see so far, but it's early days. Nice finish on them, relatively thin walls and they're six point, which I prefer over their cheaper twelve point ones. At least the large size seem to fit just a tad "loose" but not enough to worry about.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/9/20 9:50 a.m.
Professor_Brap said:

Bauer impact can take 40 foot falls..... I really like it, lots of break away torque and the large battery last for ever. 

I continue to be impressed with my Bauer impact. I use it practically every day.  It gets a Pass.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/9/20 10:04 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:

ICON 1/2" socket set. I'm liking what I see so far, but it's early days. Nice finish on them, relatively thin walls and they're six point, which I prefer over their cheaper twelve point ones. At least the large size seem to fit just a tad "loose" but not enough to worry about.

Their ICON stuff seems pretty nice but they're in that KIA trap, where everything was cheap for so long with QC issues, that it'll really take some staying power to convince buyers HF got it's act together. Especially when it comes to spending nearly tool truck coin.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/9/20 10:06 a.m.

I guess I can add my contribution.

The 1/2 HP Drummond sewage pump gets a pass.

Worked out of the box, the directions were good, and it continues to push E36 M3 uphill after 6 months.

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
3/9/20 10:41 a.m.
nderwater said:
Professor_Brap said:

I continue to be impressed with my Bauer impact. I use it practically every day.  It gets a Pass.

Thanks... I bought the Bauer recip saw and hammer drill recently and I plan to add the 1/2" impact this week along with the 3 ah battery. There's a 10% off sale on Bauer 'till the 15th:

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/20 10:57 a.m.
The0retical said:
BoxheadTim said:

Their ICON stuff seems pretty nice but they're in that KIA trap, where everything was cheap for so long with QC issues, that it'll really take some staying power to convince buyers HF got it's act together. Especially when it comes to spending nearly tool truck coin.

I hear you. Some of the newer stuff seems to be pretty nice.

That said, I don't think this set of sockets is anywhere near tool truck money, or I'm visiting the wrong tool trucks - $50-ish for a 12mm-24mm 1/2" set seems to be pretty decent.

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/9/20 11:08 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I take that back. The sockets are way cheaper than I thought they were. Especially for 6 points.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/9/20 11:23 a.m.

Cheap $38 (regular price) planer: PASS

I updated all the interior doors of my house. Spent all Saturday planing doors and the planer didn't miss a beat. 

Professor_Brap
3/9/20 12:55 p.m.

Pittsburgh 3/8 rachet big ol pass. Same quality as my snapon version of this. About 2 years old and never skips a beat and keeps on going. 

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/9/20 3:09 p.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

same experience with the cord breaking, so yes FAIL.  Were  you get brass cords?

The D string off a bass guitar is what I was talking about, and very effective. Round wounds create a nice sawing motion. Best to get a friend's cast offs, unless you play bass.

Professor_Brap
3/10/20 7:26 a.m.

This bad boy is a tank. Year of almost daily use and zero issues and battery last for ever. 

79rex
79rex Reader
3/21/20 2:09 p.m.

Bought the E-clip assortment pack.  Thumbs up.  They are nice and tight, and it seems like every time I remove one they fly away and disappear.  So its nice to have extras

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LrLe4O167PTQD6Ak1maYX9Zdk3YV3yIIixiGdDc8mqBSwFjRkcVHfUsAwUA8uPIj