mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/15 2:22 p.m.

in saab circles.. you just bought the "trollblazer"

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
2/18/15 2:50 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

John's a good guy. I've talked with him a couple times. A real straight shooter, with very clean vehicles. Your's looks great in the pictures. Good luck with it!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/18/15 5:10 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: in saab circles.. you just bought the "trollblazer"

could give a berkeley what saab circles say, this thing is badass and i'm a gm guy so...

add to that, my wife came home from work with a big smile on her face, so i chose wisely.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/15 5:30 p.m.

SAAB is from Trollhattan (add diacritical marks as necessary) so Troll-blazer.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/18/15 6:48 p.m.

Great vehicle. I test drove one and really liked it.

84FSP
84FSP Reader
2/18/15 6:51 p.m.

I've put 70k on my Envoy XL with the Denali package. With exception of a few issues with the air ride and climate control it's been a great truck. Went up to 265-60-18's in Yok Geolander ATS and that really improved handling and snow duties. Enjoy.

patgizz
2/18/15 7:14 p.m.
Knurled wrote: SAAB is from Trollhattan (add diacritical marks as necessary) so Troll-blazer.

ahh i figured it was some kind of dicky thing like brodozer or mall crawler.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/18/15 7:37 p.m.

Nice ride!

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
2/18/15 7:51 p.m.
patgizz wrote: i still have the buick to part out to make the cost even less.

Where are you, what engine does it have, and how much do you want for it?

Nice buy! Seeing as how my two RWD vehicles are stuck in the driveway, I may have to look into one of these.

patgizz
2/18/15 8:32 p.m.

cleveland, 3400 v6, $200. have one already out from last year, 116k miles runs perfect from my mom's 04 rendezvous. throw another $100 at me and take the trans that's attached to it. both worked fine post crash. i have not had the chance to verify if the engine from my wife's 05 is okay or not, everything from the bumper beam to the cooling fans is compacted back into the motor and it has a major short in the electrics. i assume it's fine too but it won't be out until warm outside and until i peel stuff away from it i can not be sure where the dogbone mounts connect didn't get hurt.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
2/18/15 8:47 p.m.

Get me the engine codes if possible and such but consider one of them sold. I don't need the trans (going into a 'vette) but will need the harness, accessory drive, ECU and probably a few other odds and ends. I'll need to get my truck up to snuff for the trip but I could be up there in as little as two weeks or so.

patgizz
2/18/15 9:01 p.m.

i am not sure how much harness is on the 04 but i think the computer and all that is there. accessory stuff all there too. i recall cutting the harness where it went through the firewall to all the crap that's not actually necessary to run it. it had a tuneup just before it was wrecked and i think the p/s pump is even new. i'll check and see what's up with the harness next time i'm in my dad's garage as it's at his place. the 04 computer is better to have for a swap as hptuners supports the 04 u-platform pcm and not the 05.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture Dork
2/24/15 2:41 p.m.

I just googled it- And these tow 5-6,500LBS?!

series8217
series8217 Reader
2/24/15 3:30 p.m.

In reply to BobOfTheFuture:

Inorite?

I've been keeping an eye out for an 9-7X Aero (Trailblazer SS equivalent with 390 hp) as a slightly cheaper alternative to a 1st-gen Cayenne S (tows 7700 lbs)..

They're impossible to find though! Fuel economy sucks too... 4-speed auto..

patgizz
2/24/15 4:40 p.m.

there were 3 aeros when i looked. looks like they only made 500ish over 08-09. the one we picked up is rated to tow 6500, however i'd only ever hook it to a trailer in a time of emergency.

i would definitely look for an aero for myself in the future as i love the look versus the trailblazer ss and the uniqueness works too. i'd rather blow someone's doors off in a saab aero when they don't see it coming than a truck they know is packing the punch.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
2/24/15 7:48 p.m.

I like the looks of these. Did Saab make a sedan version of these?

Knurled
2/25/15 12:47 p.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: I like the looks of these. Did Saab make a sedan version of these?

Ummm... what?

It's a Chevy Trailblazer with different badging and interior trim. Chevy never made a "sedan" version of their midsize SUV, no...

patgizz
2/25/15 12:58 p.m.

first issue today. wife called and said her oil pressure gauge dipped a few times then went to zero. she was near her parents house so she left it there.

i hooked up a mechanical gauge which shows perfect pressure. next up is swap the sending unit, waiting for it to cool. i really hope that's the problem and it's not the cluster or something. the gauge doesn't move except up to the red L range. because of this, CEL is set for oil pressure sender. CEL on = can't pass emissions even if totally unrelated to emissions.

Knurled
2/25/15 1:03 p.m.

Sending unit is a common failure. They sure put it in a nice spot to get to, too. I've seen them fail in both directions, usually when they fail low then it leaks too.

Check engine light on indicates that it can't be the cluster. The pressure sender goes to the engine computer, and the engine computer gives the pressure data to the cluster (along with all other info - engine speed, vehicle speed, fuel level, etc - it all starts in the PCM because it needs that info for emissions reasons)

patgizz
2/25/15 1:52 p.m.
Knurled wrote: Sending unit is a common failure. They sure put it in a nice spot to get to, too. I've seen them fail in both directions, usually when they fail low then it leaks too. Check engine light on indicates that it can't be the cluster. The pressure sender goes to the engine computer, and the engine computer gives the pressure data to the cluster (along with all other info - engine speed, vehicle speed, fuel level, etc - it all starts in the PCM because it needs that info for emissions reasons)

new part installed, gauge works again, cleared codes. bought BWD as dealer didnt have any until tomorrow, first part snapped off plug when i slipped with socket. not as bad a job as people make it sound. 5 min with correct deep socket, universal, and a long extension.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
2/28/15 10:59 a.m.

Patgizz your email is down or outdated. Tried to set up a time to purchase your engines. Please emial me: jdveray at yahoo

patgizz
2/28/15 11:02 a.m.

you have mail.

patgizz
7/3/15 9:50 p.m.

5 month update.

Truck is awesome. We're 380 miles from home and today did a very offroad trail to get to a remote lake to fish. Handled it fine, slid a little sideways bypassing a mud hole and stuck it on a stump between frame crossmembers. Had to back up till it hit one crossmember, then source branches to put under front wheel to get up enough to get clear. Otherwise it was perfect. After that i turned the stabilitrak off and made a rural northwest michigan gravel road rally/drift run to the grocery store 20 miles away.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zxhEX2VepE0Z0dhHSkQaqnFmza1yt0mlQ9XTKHD0IH9JSuV336Uhj4zjXMZnqbTX