Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/21/14 6:13 p.m.

So, Honda has their Honda Performance Development division making parts for street use now. They've totally screwed the release, such that I'm having hell finding a dealer who even knows about this.

I think I'd like some HPD stuff on my car. How long do you think I have before Honda goes and gives up on the whole thing?

Same question for accessories - how long after a model is discontinued can I expect to get a dealer-installed Honda accessory?

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/21/14 6:16 p.m.

It really depends. Last week I tried to order a factory optional lip for my wife's 2008 RDX, its discontinued. I can still find a lip for my 2006 S2000.

They probably make a batch and if there is no demand they kill it fast.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/21/14 6:39 p.m.

Linky?

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/21/14 8:35 p.m.
Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
8/21/14 9:27 p.m.

I want that thing too and I haven't even got the CR-Z yet. I have similar concerns about whether the parts will still exist when im ready.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/22/14 9:58 a.m.

they apparently make and offer a turn key fit rallycar program, but good luck finding a vendor or location to buy it through. I could call 2 channels and have a factory supported Fiesta ST prepped for rally within a month from my placing the call.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
8/22/14 10:07 a.m.

OEM parts will be around a while. We're just now running out of first gen Integra/Legend parts. Accessories? Figure 2 years after the model changes and then they're mostly gone. There will be exceptions to the rule, but I already can't get painted splash guards for an 09 RL in some colors.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/14 10:23 a.m.

Rumor has it the supercharger is $5,499.99

http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/hpd.aspx

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
8/22/14 10:34 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Rumor has it the supercharger is $5,499.99 http://automobiles.honda.com/cr-z/hpd.aspx

And that doesn't include installation!

At that point, just get a Fiesta ST. Same power output, probably better handling, and it just comes that way.

It might be alright if you get a used CR-Z, but for a new one? Just not cost effective.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VAAubiwXoh6DWUfNEo7tLpZKPB7HM3qhIxVYU1SQwDh7bN5sg43EZqCzgCX0662B