sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
11/5/14 12:51 a.m.

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm wondering if anything from a TSX, Accord, or maybe even an RDX with the K23T will bolt onto my '03 CR-V. Larger throttle body? Bigger Injectors? Better flowing manifolds? I know these motors are great, but it is still underpowered in the CR-V. A few basic bolt ons and a good tune (a buddy already told me he could do this) and maybe it will have a little better power and MPG. Might be a waste of time and $, I dunno...just a thought.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
11/5/14 10:07 a.m.

You don't need bigger injectors unless you have more flow.

One of the pimpy "real" vtec heads should bolt on, but then you're opening a big can of worms.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/5/14 10:10 a.m.

hondata reflash and cams, nothing in terms of factory bone yard goodness on the cheap though

lnlds
lnlds Reader
11/5/14 2:29 p.m.

The accord guys bolt on the TSX in and supposedly get more midrange from it but not sure if it'll bolt in cleanly to a cr-v.

This is the write-up for accords http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6665&d=1165213978

The Canadian
The Canadian New Reader
11/5/14 5:19 p.m.

with work. most will fit it just depends on how much work you want to put into it.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
11/6/14 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

I was thinking larger throttle body, more flow, slightly bigger injectors, etc. The TSX makes significantly more power than the CR-V, but most of that is probably from the difference in compression ratio and general tuning, I would assume, not the "bolt on" stuff. I wonder what the RSX and TSX guys do for bolt ons?

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/6/14 12:41 p.m.

In reply to sethmeister4:

A little Googling on the RSX shows that CAI gets ~5HP, headers ~10HP, Hondata tune ~10HP, and from there it gets into cams, test pipes, forced induction, and rare JDM goodies...doesn't sound like much is junkyardable.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ETQAyDd0uT5HaJOUIH0R2Cejba0YgJnRMWzL0IFzv5K0mjiZgcNNQA0653MT8fq6