rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/6/19 10:12 a.m.

This guy has been listing this on fleaBay for a while. I think his reserve is around ten large. Seems like it would be a lot of fun for relatively small money. IRRC, there is a more powerful engine that would drop into it, thus yielding even more fun.

Oddly he didn't include pitchers of the chassis. I would think with his target audience that would be a given.

Anybody here know about these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323628450282?ul_noapp=true

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
1/6/19 10:58 a.m.

Look into classing, may be limited as far as groups to play with.

Many hpde groups may not allow it to run. Size discrepancy.

Titan4
Titan4 New Reader
1/6/19 11:19 a.m.

They are orphans as far as classing goes.  I think they ran a spec series in IMSA in the mid-1990s.  They were very heavy for sports racers and that keeps them from being competitive pretty much everywhere.  You can build a more powerful engine for them and I've also seen them with Hayabusa bike motors swapped in but the weight thing was too much to overcome.   It could still be fun but be aware of where it falls vs. other sports racers.  

In my experience, many HDPE-type groups are OK with cars like that as long as they have fenders.  It's the formula cars that are generally not welcome.  Still, I would check with the clubs I was going to run with before actually buying anything.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/6/19 12:33 p.m.

link takes me elsewhere.

something I've done before due to online fantasy car search fatigue.  my price point is usually a lot lower.  a lot. smiley

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
1/6/19 12:43 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

The original listing has ended - you have to click the link at the top to see the car referenced by the OP. 

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/6/19 1:00 p.m.

HSR seems to allow them in vintage racing and other vintage groups may also have a place. The WSR cars may also have a place in regional SCCA or local sanctioning groups.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
1/6/19 1:30 p.m.

You can certainly race them in nasa super unlimited. They would probably fit in the scca p2 class.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ugSJMfz977wrhE6umGDT3SCHT51BxEoLRnMo0FZ7VtmUX5Mg4w0JiGX3ngOCbuwq