1 ... 4 5 6
jdbuilder
jdbuilder Reader
9/27/13 6:34 a.m.

Never driven a miata.... I'm in tampa, fl... Hint hint... Anyone? Super sad face

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/13 1:01 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I know, right? Why is anyone even arguing AE86 vs miata in this thread? And of course under Miata there are twice as many cars if not more than either of those and a near perfect NA Miata for $3600. If I could find an equivalent AE86 for NEAR that price I would RUN to the seller keeping them on the phone the whole way to make sure nobody else calls them.

I was arguing AE86 vs. Miata because the question of how one could not love the Miata came up, and I answered. When you already have two AE86 GT-S, I have no interest in something about the same weight and power, but with less practicality.

BTW, I will be putting one of my Corollas up for sale in the next few weeks. I bought an FR-S and need to make some room. It is a GT-S coupe, has decent mechanicals, a nice smattering of aftermarket parts, a nice full interior, and limited-slip differential. It is complete and a great driver/street car or could be built as a race/rally car if wanted. I haven't settled on an exact price yet, but was thinking less than $5000, probably a lot closer to the Miata ballpark you mention above. Located in Portland, OR.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath Dork
9/29/13 5:39 a.m.

I really, really like Miatas. Drove my friends NA around for a while and had a blast. However, the reason I'm not going to buy one is that practicality and power aside, it's only the third or fourth most fun to drive car I've messed about with.

E70 Rolla (AE86 except lighter and better looking and MUCH cheaper) was more fun, cheaper and more practical. Granted, mine had a little bit of suspension work. Call me weird, but I'd rather modify struts and stick axles over four wheel double a-arms. Rolla suspension is like legos.

Gen 3 MR2. Quicker turn in, stiffer chassis, faster, just generally more fun. Not quite as practical and I'm not a fan of the engine, but if I wanted practical and a good engine I wouldn't even look at a Miater.

Porsche 914. Also more fun. Granted, the one I drove made about 160 hp, so this might not be a fair comparison.

For really unfair comparisons, I also thought the Evo 8 was at least as fun to drive.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iXUhoMbTqt7Enu4vK4o1IdCTM3FeevZQqHHOCfGOA4soVwGRUHmneYcXhPocEY9f