1 2
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/29/09 6:43 a.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: In reply to 93celicaGT2: wouldn't factory alignment numbers and a lowered car equal poor tire wear?

I may be looking at the whole scenario wrong, BUT:

Even with my car lowered over 3 inches at current state, i was able to duplicate the factory alignment specs. I'm not running those specs now, but i WAS able to duplicate it. (camber plates, pillowball mounts, etc) It doesn't matter what suspension setup you have, or how low the car is. If you have enough adjustment to get to factory specs, then you can still get to factory specs.

Lowering doesn't necessary cause the alignment. It'll screw it up, but especially in your instance (car doesn't look that low), you should be able to get it aligned to factory. At factory camber/toe, lowered or not, it'll still wear like factory.

That being said, i definitely agree that your toe is screwed up. You'd be running crazy camber, easily noticeable to naked eye in order to create really bad wear conditions.

erohslc
erohslc Reader
7/29/09 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Keith: Yah, I agree, personally all I need for checking/setting toe is a pair of pins or needles to stick into the tire tread, and a tape measure. But some folks aren't so inclined. But FWD at 60 MPH speed is making what, maybe 50 lb of thrust force on each front wheel at the tire patch? That could be enough to deform a blown out bushing, and produce some bad dynamic toe.

Carter

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qZR5IiZYHa2AwEACoBEQenrwtidiSRHP2XTfzsyhzhhB3I2KV0AlsA18MlPNPYje