John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/09 12:53 p.m.

I need to figure out how to locate the following products:

Mexican spec 2004-2006 Dodge Stratus 2.4T turbo, manifold, intercooler and all piping.

I can reach out and almost touch this stuff from Michigan (when looking at google maps from my desk) why can't I seem to locate any on the intarwebbs?

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/21/09 1:13 p.m.

Didn't know hey made that. Its weird how different markets get different stuff. Of course we live in a huge nanny state so we don't get a lot of the good stuff.

interweb in espanol? Bribe your local Dodge dealer parts guy?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/09 1:23 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I need to figure out how to locate the following products: Mexican spec 2004-2006 Dodge Stratus 2.4T turbo, manifold, intercooler and all piping. I can reach out and almost touch this stuff from Michigan (when looking at google maps from my desk) why can't I seem to locate any on the intarwebbs?

post to the AROC-Detroit list looking for any members who might work for ChryCo and see where that leads you. Or post on Detroit CL looking for anyone who works in ChryCo powertrain at Auburn Hills. You'll never know until you try.

John Brown
10/21/09 1:32 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
John Brown wrote: I need to figure out how to locate the following products: Mexican spec 2004-2006 Dodge Stratus 2.4T turbo, manifold, intercooler and all piping. I can reach out and almost touch this stuff from Michigan (when looking at google maps from my desk) why can't I seem to locate any on the intarwebbs?
post to the AROC-Detroit list looking for any members who might work for ChryCo and see where that leads you. Or post on Detroit CL looking for anyone who works in ChryCo powertrain at Auburn Hills. You'll never know until you try.

You know, P, That is EXACTLY why you are the smartest guy I know.

That, and your opinion on driving through Atlanta.

BoneYard_Racing
BoneYard_Racing New Reader
10/21/09 1:32 p.m.

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=28975&highlight=mexican

We've had a few good discussions about those parts on there, Chris(BlackRoseRacing) and John(Danteneon) are both dealer parts guys and can find you just about whatever you want

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/09 3:00 p.m.

There used to be guys on the TD forums, etc that lived in Mexico or Texas that would head across the border to pickup various pieces.

Personally, I'd just build my own manifold since I've had one of those manifolds and they don't flow very well even compared to the older TD log manifolds.

BTW, Chryco V6 intake boots make great intercooler hose bends, cheap too!

John Brown
10/21/09 3:07 p.m.

I am not looking for ultimate power.

I want the Stratus to be a simple easy to use, OE reliable car that has a smidge of "whoa momma" available. I am still using the OE transmission, which is an automatic.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/09 3:15 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I am not looking for ultimate power.

if you were, you'd find it here

John Brown
10/21/09 3:18 p.m.

LOLZ.

fiat22turbo
10/21/09 3:57 p.m.

Okay, so sell the Stratus and buy something more easily nodded because I don't know how you're to control the fuel, ignition, boost and automatic.

I wasn't just talking about ultimate power, I was also discussing ease of finding the parts.

John Brown
10/21/09 4:08 p.m.

The swap has been done, there is a PCM/flash for the fuel / ignition, the MEX unit uses the same injector as the 2004 and used the automatic trans. The cars are pretty common south of Tejas and I have seen a silver and a black one here in Michigan (The Chrysler testing facility would buy stuff from our NAPA store on occasion). There are a few people that have done the swap in the southwest that I have heard of but trying to contact them has proven harder than I thought it should be.

I may just sell the Stratus, but I would prefer to tinker with it.

fiat22turbo
10/21/09 5:14 p.m.

Huh, I stand corrected. Play on good sir!

driver109x
driver109x Reader
10/21/09 5:46 p.m.

Do that and fix it up like the touring car on the short lived NATCC series.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
10/21/09 6:56 p.m.

i thought the turbo stuff that ended up on the srt-4 came from the mexican turbo stratus. so wouldn't it stand to reason that srt neon parts would swap back over to the 2.4 stratus? or is there something everyone in this thread knows that i don't?

John Brown
10/22/09 6:31 a.m.

The exhaust manifold on the SRT4 is "located" differently, it's actually the Mexican 2.4L Caravan that supplied most of the fun bits to the SRT4, whereas the 2G Stratus like mine got a different manifold that placed the turbo lower in the chassis.

My goal is when I open the hood I do not want anything to look like it does not belong there.

RossD
RossD HalfDork
10/22/09 7:11 a.m.
John Brown wrote: My goal is when I open the hood I do not want anything to look like it does not belong there.

But what about the power? No one will ever believe that power belongs under the hood of a Stratus.

John Brown
10/22/09 7:18 a.m.

Ones existence is not to make others believe but to believe in ones self.

fiat22turbo
10/22/09 12:41 p.m.

From what I understand, the exhaust manifold on the SRT-4 was designed that way (with the integrated turbo exhaust scroll) was to improve emissions compliance. It also had the side effect of pissing off the racers who had to buy a manifold to upgrade their turbos.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJHMNqx1V1kwmByFsBINtfdBtocQxOlXHv5xToULkPqcB28R2XNLlFvLB8ha6nSu