1 2 3 4
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/28/15 6:16 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Have you talked to Margie lately? If not...don't.

It's his wife - why would he talk to her?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/28/15 6:25 p.m.

JTHW8. Crap, I forgot about the pinball machine. Sorry about that. See I try to say something nice and I screw it up. And yes, this board is a serious enabler. I can say yes to about any crazy plan and know that no matter how screwed up I get, someone will bail me out literally or figuratively. Speaking of that... Next Monday I booked a one way flight to the Northeast with my buddy Rennie. We are collecting our 1973 Ford F-350 ramp truck (that hasn't driven a mile in several years) and then driving it home to Florida by way of the Hershey swap meet and with a 1980 Spitfire on its back. I am absolutely sure that nothing could go wrong and we won't need any help.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
9/28/15 6:25 p.m.

Oh, and while you guys went nuts on the off topic board last week, it was me convincing Margie not to kill some of you.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Reader
9/28/15 6:36 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: Oh, and while you guys went nuts on the off topic board last week, it was me convincing Margie not to kill some of you.

I imagine this was something about how human flesh makes a horrible base for concrete that lasts?

wheels777
wheels777 Dork
9/28/15 6:41 p.m.

I love this board, the Challenge, the Challengers, the staff.

Tim, let us know if you need a home cooked dinner. We are knocking out the list on the car and will be home later this week. In Boston area M-Th.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/28/15 6:42 p.m.

I stopped counting several thousand miles ago when I hit 26,000 miles I had hauled stuff for free for GRMers. Many many others have done more than me.

I think it is a pretty awesome place.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
9/28/15 7:00 p.m.

Group HUG!!!!

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
9/28/15 7:19 p.m.

This board is a great group. I've never seen another car forum as friendly and helpful as this one and it offers such a varied array of cars and owners. That's why I'm here to stay, maybe I should get grm tattooed on my butt, think that will get me into the magazine?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/28/15 7:33 p.m.
pkingham wrote: Connecting Mazdeuce to the CTS-V chief engineer during the OneLap and getting Tuna the exhaust (at least I think that's what it was) are proof of the power of this board.

Still one of my favorite stories that I tell from One Lap.
And then I found a go-kart for Deucekid #2.
And Vigo found me completely unobtainable trim parts for my old wagon.
And someone in Florida has a tote of tools that I bought and I'm not even worried about it, because I know it'll turn up when I ask and I'll get it back to me.
You guys rock.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
9/28/15 7:54 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: JTHW8. Crap, I forgot about the pinball machine. Sorry about that. See I try to say something nice and I screw it up. And yes, this board is a serious enabler. I can say yes to about any crazy plan and know that no matter how screwed up I get, someone will bail me out literally or figuratively. Speaking of that... Next Monday I booked a one way flight to the Northeast with my buddy Rennie. We are collecting our 1973 Ford F-350 ramp truck (that hasn't driven a mile in several years) and then driving it home to Florida by way of the Hershey swap meet and with a 1980 Spitfire on its back. I am absolutely sure that nothing could go wrong and we won't need any help.

LOL, no need for apologies I just though it was one of the more interesting transport arrangements we'd ever done :)

Northeast you say? Im just outside Philly in NJ so if you need anything in that area holler.

Wallie
Wallie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/15 7:56 p.m.

If you don't feel like driving that rickety old truck all the way to Florida...

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
9/28/15 8:16 p.m.

Hey Tim, if you are in the old Ford ramp truck bombing around the Wareham/SE MA area next week and you see some jerk in a white Mazda waving and honking like an idiot, that will be me.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
9/28/15 8:42 p.m.

Well if we are enambling each other, there is a $5k RX-2 in Oshkosh on Appleton's CL. Looks pretty solid too.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/15 8:45 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
pkingham wrote: Connecting Mazdeuce to the CTS-V chief engineer during the OneLap and getting Tuna the exhaust (at least I think that's what it was) are proof of the power of this board.
Still one of my favorite stories that I tell from One Lap. And then I found a go-kart for Deucekid #2. And Vigo found me completely unobtainable trim parts for my old wagon. And someone in Florida has a tote of tools that I bought and I'm not even worried about it, because I know it'll turn up when I ask and I'll get it back to me. You guys rock.

That's me. And damn, that tote is HEAVY! Remind me how it's getting to you?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
9/28/15 8:50 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Well......it WAS going to go to Tuna at the challenge and then I was going to do figure out how to get it from him, but then his house AC exploded so he's not going. I should figure it out I suppose. I'll get on it.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/28/15 8:53 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to dyintorace: Well......it WAS going to go to Tuna at the challenge and then I was going to do figure out how to get it from him, but then his house AC exploded so he's not going. I should figure it out I suppose. I'll get on it.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. I guess we need to look into the GRM transport network ourselves!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/28/15 8:54 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace:

Lol-I can get it to the Challenge!

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
9/28/15 9:04 p.m.

Man, one year I have to road trip down to the challenge.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
9/28/15 9:28 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: Northeast you say? Im just outside Philly in NJ so if you need anything in that area holler.

Same here Tim. I'm not terribly far from Hershey. If you run into trouble we can get the truck to my shop to figure out what's going on.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/28/15 9:37 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

It might take you longer than 1d 22h. According to that map you have to tunnel your way down.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/15 9:43 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: It might take you longer than 1d 22h. According to that map you have to tunnel your way down.

Plus, he needs to jump the wall to get into the country.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/28/15 10:04 p.m.

Hey Tim,

I don't know where you're rolling through, but if you're in southern MA (near Sturbridge) or anywhere along the NE/middle of CT, I'm happy to help if you need it or show you guys where to get a good burger and beer.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/28/15 10:12 p.m.
JoeTR6 wrote:
Tim Suddard wrote: Oh, and while you guys went nuts on the off topic board last week, it was me convincing Margie not to kill some of you.
I imagine this was something about how human flesh makes a horrible base for concrete that lasts?

Well, DUH. The flesh is useless. Boil for a few hours, it comes right off the bones. That's what you need for good concrete.

...i may have said too much

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/28/15 10:35 p.m.

Do you own 8 or more hogs?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
9/28/15 11:35 p.m.
Woody wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: It might take you longer than 1d 22h. According to that map you have to tunnel your way down.
Plus, he needs to jump the wall to get into the country.

Only if Trump gets his way.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4PjQUephKMYXZqSWu2XiZXLV4Ihseomy9YEBvXqiFdBwAVfzIufRyGbZqCjBMwFZ