1 2 3 4
Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
9/29/15 8:06 a.m.

I love this place. I can get help on diagnosing problems on an old MR2, discuss the fine points on Star Wars movies, buy cheap driving lights, and learn how to make a great grilled cheese sandwich. All in one convenient spot, just like Western Woods Mall used to be.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
9/29/15 8:56 a.m.

This board is pretty great... even though the classified sections can influence me toward questionable decisions

I look forward to the day I'm actually able to make it to a Challenge or other GRM get together so I can meet a bunch of you folks in real life. I don't feel that way about people I meet in other parts of the internet.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
9/29/15 9:45 a.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote: This board is pretty great... even though the classified sections can influence me toward questionable decisions I look forward to the day I'm actually able to make it to a Challenge or other GRM get together so I can meet a bunch of you folks in real life. I don't feel that way about people I meet in other parts of the internet.

Pretty much word for word what I came here to post.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
9/29/15 10:05 a.m.

Just add me to what has been said above.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
9/29/15 11:02 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
pkingham wrote: Connecting Mazdeuce to the CTS-V chief engineer during the OneLap and getting Tuna the exhaust (at least I think that's what it was) are proof of the power of this board.
Still one of my favorite stories that I tell from One Lap. And then I found a go-kart for Deucekid #2. And Vigo found me completely unobtainable trim parts for my old wagon. And someone in Florida has a tote of tools that I bought and I'm not even worried about it, because I know it'll turn up when I ask and I'll get it back to me. You guys rock.

Tony and I were talking about this about a week ago Seth. He let me co-drive his Sonic RS and I let his daughter co-drive my sons FJC kart at a local autocross. Glad I could help out.

Now back to my usual GRM board obscurity

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
9/29/15 11:08 a.m.

I agree this is one of my fave places on the net - and I've never even met any of you schmucks in person.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
9/29/15 11:14 a.m.
The_Jed wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote: This board is pretty great... even though the classified sections can influence me toward questionable decisions I look forward to the day I'm actually able to make it to a Challenge or other GRM get together so I can meet a bunch of you folks in real life. I don't feel that way about people I meet in other parts of the internet.

And the folks that I have met, it's been great.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/29/15 12:54 p.m.

I did the Babe rally way back with Jim (JTW8) and his crew and couldn't have had a more fun time. I'm glad he was able to find a home for the kawasaki 454ltd that was for sale at one of the dealers I work for also.

Autolex
Autolex Dork
9/29/15 3:24 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: I know that for a lot of you this board is social. That is true for us as well. But it is so much more than that. Three times, I have reached out on this board for some help; once when I was screwed up with an old car in Idaho and twice now, when I needed something to heavy to ship, taken to our friends in Holland Michigan, at Eclectic Motorworks. There is a secret pipeline that goes from Holland MI to Carlisle or Hershey, where it is easy for us to get stuff home. Anyway, thanks most recently to Tom Lay, who picked up my quarter panel in Chicagoland and took it safely to Holland. I really don't know how I could survive without this board. Thank you all, for your wisdom, camaraderie and helpfulness. Hope to see all of you at this year's $2015 Challenge event coming up in a few weeks.

Tim, did you use the On-the-road Assist list?

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
10/1/15 12:33 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
The_Jed wrote:
And the folks that I have met, it's been great.

Ditto.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
10/1/15 12:43 p.m.

This is one of two non ford specific forums i frequent. I randomly stumbled into this place off a google search and the community seemed awesome. Theres amazing fabrication and budget builds, everyone seems willing too offer advice on anything from a track car too helping a guy keep his Daily alive. As drag racing has been the only motorsport im active with the knowledge base here and the way people treat others is why i stick around. One day i may make the challenge if even too just spectate. I love budget builds.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/1/15 12:48 p.m.
pkingham wrote: Connecting Mazdeuce to the CTS-V chief engineer during the OneLap and getting Tuna the exhaust (at least I think that's what it was) are proof of the power of this board.

No man, it was way bigger than that. The board chipped in to send me a pair of $600 leaf springs for the truck because I was going to stop working on the build to save for them.

Plus, some paint, a couple of RC cars for the kids, a matchbox car or two, a puzzle, some shirts, and a bunch of sweet gauges are among the actual tangible items, to say nothing for the support and camaraderie. I think I need to start giving stuff away as readily as I get it.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/1/15 12:49 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to dyintorace: Well......it WAS going to go to Tuna at the challenge and then I was going to do figure out how to get it from him, but then his house AC exploded so he's not going. I should figure it out I suppose. I'll get on it.

Wait, I thought you had someone else lined up before my A/C blew up! Do you still need help?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
10/1/15 2:07 p.m.

In reply to tuna55:

Nope, we've got it sorted. The board is awesome.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/1/15 3:24 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to tuna55: Nope, we've got it sorted. The board is awesome.

You do? Be sure to loop me in.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/1/15 6:47 p.m.

This board got way more awesomer after I voluntarily restraining-ordered myself from the $2105 Classified forum.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/15 8:35 p.m.
WonkoTheSane wrote: Hey Tim, I don't know where you're rolling through, but if you're in southern MA (near Sturbridge) or anywhere along the NE/middle of CT, I'm happy to help if you need it or show you guys where to get a good burger and beer.

...and I can get you from the middle of Connecticut to the New York line.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
10/1/15 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

NY Warrants at the border?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/1/15 10:17 p.m.

So things have improved since I'm not able to post at work now?

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
10/2/15 12:27 a.m.

this board really is insane though....its like that weird bunch of r electives you love but just not sure you really want to claim as family though. Cool, but really out in left field though. I really can not wait for the 21th on this month. I leave to start the drive down to the challange. By the way, Tim, I am buying you a beer or other bevage of your choice for that interveiw over the phone you gave me for class and thanks again for your time. Did you ever figure out the mailing address isuue that come up? And did you get my thank you note from the interview or from the college?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/2/15 7:53 a.m.

Thanks everyone for the offer of help. I don't think we will get much further north or east than Hartford. And we are going to stay clear of Phili.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/2/15 9:42 a.m.

I can help out pretty much anywhere in Connecticut if you get jammed up.

Let me know if you need a rabbit to clear out the Smokeys from Hartford to the New York line. I'll buy a hat and rent a mustache. I know where I can get a Trans-Am.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/2/15 10:10 a.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: Thanks everyone for the offer of help. I don't think we will get much further north or east than Hartford. And we are going to stay clear of Phili.

Cool, if you have some time/wanna know where to eat, lemme know. I'm about 15-20 minutes east of Hartford, and I know Woody's within ~30 minutes southwest.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
10/2/15 10:27 a.m.

The thing I find most staggering about this board is the wealth of knowledge. That's why my favorite thing to do is peruse threads about cars I don't own. It's always interesting to learn new stuff, and this is definitely the place to do it!

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
10/3/15 11:40 a.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: Man, one year I have to road trip down to the challenge.

That reminds me of the video game "Dig Dug" which you may not even know existed

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r6fdtKKeHlkC1XUWfDjk3afaUCwZEO0EenfnWOChI9QxHWBUO7AGLBRt0akhKpXl