1 2
GVX19
GVX19 Reader
11/3/14 6:13 p.m.

In reply to b13990:

My car came 215 50 17s and some how gets 50mpg at 60mph. So dont have to change that just yet. When my car gets to 100k I will be doing the turbo mod! I have had it for 6 months. It had 50 miles on it when I got it. It now has 26k miles on it. So the turbo is not far off I know its not an M3 but its the best car for what I do. A lot of driving. It will also do something the M3 cant seat 4 adults in comfort. Something my A4 could not do. And I miss that car

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
11/3/14 6:57 p.m.
b13990 wrote: In reply to Ashyukun: Oh, I'm sure you're asking your question for good reasons. My comment was for GVX19, who has you adding a turbo and upgrading your transmission. I do think that a Prius would make a somewhat unsatisfactory canvas for the masterpiece he has in mind.

I imagine that none of that will ever happen. But if it does, don't you think the tires would be upgraded? After all, the Miata comes with tiny 185 tires - how many of those do you see sliding around on those once modded?

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/4/14 9:21 a.m.

I won't deny that since I bought it just before the Challenge and for under Challenge budget that it was very tempting to drive it down and run it, but unfortunately I had a conflict that weekend that meant I couldn't do it. It's a surprisingly fun car- at least for me. Trying to keep the MPG as high as possible and it running in electric-only mode as much as possible is something of a game for me, but it seriously annoys SWMBO.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
11/4/14 11:03 p.m.

If i could cherry pick a sweet idea and have it appear in my prius with no effort on my part, i would put a 2zz in it with the same hybrid trans (other than necessary gearing changes to let the ICE spin 8k rpm).

A 2zz CVT would haul balls. The car is basically a corolla/matrix/vibe which isnt a bad car to begin with. If it had a 'kill mode' but still worked the same the other 95% of the time i would love the E36 M3 out of it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y2cDlCDY9Atw21lSUrEA3gFPF0pvn8mGmuYWtnPrhfwWLjokpYXVxLGRGa6W7o88