wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/8/18 12:56 p.m.

Need some advice here we are aligning my lightning. Its dropped about 1.5 inches from stock in the front and about 3.75 in the rear.

I have been able to set caster/toe on the truck with a friends shop to dead on what I want. -.05 toe and Caster at 6.2L/6.9R.

Camber is driving us up a wall. So the preferred street/road corse setup is -0.5 degrees camber.  This is within factory spec. Best I have been able to get out of the truck is L-1.1 / R -0.5.  Mind you its dropped and this is a truck is 0.6 degree even noticeable and worth tracking down or is this just want I need to deal with.

I have a tiny bit of wiggle in the lower ball joints which I am replacing next week as well.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/8/18 1:45 p.m.

Half a degree of camber split on fat tires will probably induce a pull.  Only way to know for sure is to drive the thing, because uncharted territory requires making a new chart.  It will probably dart and tramline.

I'd probably go -1 or as close as you can get on both sides.  If you are autocrossing a fat pig, you will tear the outside edges off the tires.  Camber will help a bit.

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
9/8/18 1:49 p.m.

Camber eccentrics?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/8/18 1:56 p.m.

Test drive and it pulls hard to the left. Turn in is different both side.  We have it up on the rack again trying to find something like -0.8 that works for both sides. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/8/18 2:37 p.m.

The first thing you need to do is fix the ball joints.  You're pretty much wasting your time aligning it before you do that.  Once that's done try to eliminate the split and hit something between -0.5 and -1.0 with as much castor as you can get with no castor split.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
9/8/18 7:25 p.m.

Ball joints are not bad shop was pulling my leg. Brought the truck back and sat on the alignment tech until I figured out in ten seconds he could not find his ass with both hands and a map. Got the owner who I know over and we got it aligned. Had to give up a bit of caster due to the drop but tow and camber is now 100% dead on. Truck drives straight. Turn on is consistent side to side and tracks well. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OWncOtnU63jcxsciZvgJI3cLiwn5RMCEgE6yj36lalKHKNR8OY2D5tijAd8r1gzb