BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/17 6:02 p.m.

Just saw that there is one for sale in town. It's had a respray in the correct color (oh well...) and it seems to be missing a few of the M edition parts. It has fugly "race seat" reclinable buckets in it, a regular shift knob instead of the special one, and the speakers look decidedly aftermarket as well. Plus someone saw fit to drop in an engine...

I think it's way overpriced at $4700, but I'd like some feedback from the hive. Here's a link to the ad.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/17 6:09 p.m.

KBB says $2900 for a 178k M in excellent condition in Reno. $2090 for a lesser model.

Never mind the fact that it's not in excellent condition, there's your bargaining. Honestly a new engine and replaced seats are good news at that mileage, the stock M leather ones would have been atrocious. About the only thing the M history gets you is a set of surprisingly valuable wheels and a Torsen.

BoxheadTim
3/26/17 6:18 p.m.

Good point regarding the potential condition of the seats. Problem with the seats in the car is that for me they'll have to go in the junk pile straight away. Then again, I have a set of Recaro SPGs in the shed so those seats wouldn't be a big loss.

Guess it might be worth some haggling if the rest of it is reasonably sound. IME decent Miatas out here command over KBB but I'm pretty sure I'd be able to find enough issues with this one to justify a lower price .

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/26/17 6:22 p.m.

I've had two sets of 95M seats and they're not that great. I'd rather have standard cloth seats with speakers. And my M shift knob was garbage at 83k miles.

penultimeta
penultimeta Reader
3/26/17 6:27 p.m.

$3.50

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/26/17 6:38 p.m.

I paid $4750 for my 95 M with 100k miles, a color matched factory hardtop with defrost, and a new soft top from a dealer. And my factory knob was garbage as well.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/26/17 6:56 p.m.

In reply to penultimeta:

Loch Ness Monster?

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
3/27/17 6:38 a.m.

'95 M?

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
3/27/17 7:13 a.m.

I sold my 94 M Edition with 110K with a factory color matched hard top with recent maintenance for $5K. I think that's a $2500 car all day long.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
3/27/17 7:41 a.m.

In reply to DWNSHFT:

So I'm not the only one that expected to see a BMW?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/17 9:32 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

Du hast Post.

BoxheadTim
3/27/17 12:02 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I do indeed.

Thinking about this a bit more, while I would like a 95 M Edition, there's also a 92 for sale (or at least was recently) that was owned by a fellow SCCA member who unfortunately passed away earlier this year. That car is in much better shape and cheaper. Plus it already got a thumbs up from my mechanic of least distrust. I know it's a 1.6, but it's also in really nice condition.

There's also the part about me needing another car like I need a hole in the head, but there's this voice in the back of my head that said I should get another NA Miata and give Keith's employer a lot of money for turbo kits and the like.

And as we all know, we should all listen to the voices in our heads, right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1x7OHs07eoOjyrJa5yN57m3gLwCJZdKGM5hPHZgwWkMYeivfcHbfXPgR1DVHS8Of