1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Duke
Duke UltimaDork
5/2/14 9:33 a.m.

Man, that sucks. Your last 7 words are the best I've heard so far. Put their tits in the wringer.

gjz30075
gjz30075 Reader
5/2/14 9:44 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: It is a civil matter, but when asked why they can keep the car he said "pretty much because they have possession of it. You can't go in the shop and remove it, if it was in your driveway, they can't come and take it" which makes sense to me.

I think that's the wrong answer. The difference is, you OWN the car, they don't. They may be able to put a lien on it but it's still YOUR car.

Just my humble opinion

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
5/2/14 10:08 a.m.

I don't understand - if there is no paper work on the work being done they essentially vandalized your son's car.

Mitchell
Mitchell UltraDork
5/2/14 10:39 a.m.

What's stopping the shop from filing bankruptcy and further prolonging and complicating the process?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/2/14 11:11 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
gjz30075 wrote:
Datsun1500 wrote: It is a civil matter, but when asked why they can keep the car he said "pretty much because they have possession of it. You can't go in the shop and remove it, if it was in your driveway, they can't come and take it" which makes sense to me.
I think that's the wrong answer. The difference is, you OWN the car, they don't. They may be able to put a lien on it but it's still YOUR car. Just my humble opinion
If the car was on the parking lot, I can grab it. It's in the shop, private property, and it can't remove it. They did not steal it, so I can't charge them with theft, etc. it gets strange, but it makes sense when explained properly.

Even on the lot is private business property. Either way, it is in the lawyer's hands as it should be.

cdowd
cdowd Reader
5/2/14 11:54 a.m.

when this is finished we need to name of this business to start the public shaming.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/2/14 12:50 p.m.
cdowd wrote: when this is finished we need to name of this business to start the public shaming.

Let's please not have another Hennessey Honda or whatever debacle...clogging the forum with spammy posts will not suddenly make bad reviews trend visibly on Google.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/2/14 1:09 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
cdowd wrote: when this is finished we need to name of this business to start the public shaming.
Let's please not have another Hennessey Honda or whatever debacle...clogging the forum with spammy posts will not suddenly make bad reviews trend visibly on Google.

We got up to the 3rd result on Google for that "little debacle"

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/2/14 1:12 p.m.

The funny part is I think the owner just destroyed his business. Now it comes out that a high end shop uses Maaco for it's paint jobs,( before we get into the "Maaco can do a good job" rhetoric, it doesn't matter. This is a perception issue.) That it won't stand behind it's work. Especially considering that the OP had the car inspected just a few days before the incident happened.

Good luck.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
5/2/14 1:18 p.m.

The business was going to come apart one way or another doing work like this. You canot do work like this and cheat the public.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/2/14 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

I am sorry to hear it has come to this, but I am glad you have the lawyer involved now. Good luck man, it's a sucky situation.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
5/2/14 1:57 p.m.

Should I start collecting a bag of dicks?

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/2/14 2:29 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote:

It was better than that, if you typed in "Hennessey Honda of Woodstock" into google, the first drop down option added "Sucks" to the end of that.......and there was about 2.5 pages worth of links to GRM.

Edit: Granted, we were told by the powers that be to "Don't use our website for smear campaigns" but when its all said and done, the name should be released just so our community knows to not send business their way.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
5/2/14 8:53 p.m.

I don't get why you had to pay for a paint job that you did not request, and for which there is no work order, to get the car. I believe the only money due would be for the original work order for the emblem removal. That should have satisfied the payment for the contracted work, and secured the release of your car. Dropping your car off at a shop does not give them free rein to do whatever work they feel like and then bill you after the fact.

"I know you brought your car in for an alignment, but doesn't it look sweet on 22's? That will be $2500 please. I gave you a good deal on the spinners. Pay up or I'm keeping the car."

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/14 5:59 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote:

First of all thanks for the misquote, but my point is at what cost? The forum was basically unusable for that week or so and the powers that be specifically asked for it not to happen...plus between Yelp, AutoTrader, Google Reviews etc I feel like there are much better outlets...think about it. A bunch of really dramatic results from ONE forum just makes it look like someone got their forum buddies in on some vigilante post-whoring as opposed to an actual breadth of bad experiences.

Hennessy Honda probably does suck or whatever but the "personal army" mentality going on here for that was very 4chan-esque and really disappointing for this crowd. Especially considering that the poster who had the issues (with Hennessy) is often not terribly helpful/sort of deliberately insulting to other members at times.

Depressingly putting my flame suit on...

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
5/3/14 6:27 a.m.

Is the car being driven now ? I'm just curious if the lawyers said not to drive it or anything to mess up the evidence, and I have a feeling this could take a while to sort out. I hope I'm wrong though

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/3/14 10:04 a.m.

I think this whole topic as at worth one picture of the car.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
5/5/14 12:33 a.m.

A before and after would be fun.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
5/5/14 6:47 a.m.
Boost_Crazy wrote: I don't get why you had to pay for a paint job that you did not request, and for which there is no work order, to get the car. I believe the only money due would be for the original work order for the emblem removal. That should have satisfied the payment for the contracted work, and secured the release of your car. Dropping your car off at a shop does not give them free rein to do whatever work they feel like and then bill you after the fact. "I know you brought your car in for an alignment, but doesn't it look sweet on 22's? That will be $2500 please. I gave you a good deal on the spinners. Pay up or I'm keeping the car."

Exactly. Something is missing here. In Michigan you sign an estimate, which is an agreement to pay said amount. The shop can not go more than 10% above the estimated cost without you giving them authorization.
If I was able to do what this shop is doing, I'd still be wrenching. I'd be RICH!!

Naturally, I'm kidding. I would never rip anyone off.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/14 7:00 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Naturally, I'm kidding. I would never rip anyone off.

Oh yeah? Then how come all those boxes of Girl Scout cookies I bought from your kid had bites missing from the Thin Mints?

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/5/14 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Boost_Crazy:

That sounds more or less with what Hennessey(the tuner, not honda) has been known for doing in the past......

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/5/14 8:51 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
SlickDizzy wrote:
First of all thanks for the misquote, but my point is at what cost? The forum was basically unusable for that week or so and the powers that be specifically asked for it not to happen...plus between Yelp, AutoTrader, Google Reviews etc I feel like there are much better outlets...think about it. A bunch of really dramatic results from ONE forum just makes it look like someone got their forum buddies in on some vigilante post-whoring as opposed to an actual breadth of bad experiences. Hennessy Honda probably does suck or whatever but the "personal army" mentality going on here for that was very 4chan-esque and really disappointing for this crowd. Especially considering that the poster who had the issues (with Hennessy) is often not terribly helpful/sort of deliberately insulting to other members at times. Depressingly putting my flame suit on...

Sorry "whatever debacle"

How did it make the board unusable? I get the power that be part, but I am genuinely unclear on how one thread made the entire board unusable.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/5/14 9:16 p.m.

Google search turns up 15+ threads that result in reference to Woodstock Honda dealers. I think this shops name should be given on this forum with 1 non biased account of events and the result.

I'll be very interested to hear how this plays out.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/5/14 10:25 p.m.

Looking forward to the pics.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
5/6/14 12:48 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

Because some readers here have the same problem as other folks all over the world.

They can't figure out how to ignore something they don't like.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DSUcwA0gPfpe55z16xpMFGOfa7LDrqyK0dkbqzo8hdToe36KvP75tweWhUErE9Hj