benvid
benvid
11/15/18 11:35 a.m.

I haven't seen that many videos that share this information so I thought I would share for anyone interested. There is also a spreadsheet of my costs in the description of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zly5NnAJaxI

For more videos like this SUBSCRIBE!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/15/18 11:55 a.m.

Welcome to GRM.  I see that you did 4 weekends and all but one of this weekends were a 2 day event.  

Did you travel back home every night?  I see you have no hotel or camping costs.  

benvid
benvid New Reader
11/15/18 12:34 p.m.

Hello John, I knew someone would ask about this! The event that was a just 1 day (Thunderhill 4/14/18) fuel there and back was account for. And as far as the two day events go at Sonoma Raceway, I took my truck back home on Saturday night each of those weekends and slept at my house. It's definitely a cost saver living 30 Minutes from the track.laugh I know most people don't have this luxury but I decided to keep the video consistent and just list what MY costs were. Thank you for the comment.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
11/15/18 12:37 p.m.

A young Freddie Mercury goes racing!

Niice video...welcome to the hive.

Schweet car!

benvid
benvid New Reader
11/15/18 12:44 p.m.

Great! You're the second person thats mentioned Freddie Mercury, I usually dont have a Mustache but I wanted to make this video while I was fresh on the info! 

Thanks!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/18 12:58 p.m.

Your experience is very different from mine, where is the cost of blown motors, rolled cars, speeding tickets...

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/18 1:02 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

A young Freddie Mercury goes racing!

The video had such a chill vibe that it reminded me of Mr. Rogers laugh

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
11/15/18 1:26 p.m.
benvid said:

Great! You're the second person thats mentioned Freddie Mercury, I usually dont have a Mustache but I wanted to make this video while I was fresh on the info! 

Thanks!

BMW RHAPSODY!

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
11/15/18 1:45 p.m.

Nice video!  I was originally only going to check out the spreadsheet but when I clicked the link and saw the video was only ~3 minutes long I stuck around for it.  Thanks for not making this a 30 minute video! 

benvid
benvid New Reader
11/15/18 9:28 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

Yup thats why I was happy with last years results, also I said it could cost 5400 next year OR MORE, emphasizing or more for things like that.

benvid
benvid New Reader
11/15/18 9:35 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Thanks for taking a look, I try to make the videos appeal to people with short attention spans like mine. Seems to be a format that works well. Cant stand having to scrub through a 20 minute video to find the bit of info im looking for. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/18 5:32 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:
benvid said:

Thanks!

BMW RHAPSODY!

We will we will race you!

benvid
benvid New Reader
11/19/18 9:32 p.m.

Love the references, thanks guys  

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/18 9:49 p.m.

I liked the video, nicely done!

octavious