Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
6/22/17 1:59 p.m.

Been keeping an eye out on CoPart for parts cars/projects. Not in the market to buy right now but is there a way to see how much cars have sold for other then watching the live auction? Just want to get an idea on how much say a mustang GT with fixable damage goes for, ext.

Jaynen
Jaynen SuperDork
6/22/17 3:08 p.m.

I thought I saw completed stuff on another site, I am not sure if Dashub, IAAI, copart etc all work off the same inventory.

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
6/23/17 9:08 a.m.

Thanks I didn't know that they were all connected together like that. Went to the other sites and didn't find a history of the sales or anything like that.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
6/23/17 10:51 a.m.

I have been playing, watching and buying from IAA in Cleveland, OH lately. I have found no listing of past sale prices. Here is the best I have found with IAA:

When the auction goes live, log in.
I have a list of cars I am interested in or watching.
My auctions start at 9am and end about noon. Though I might not be able to stay and watch the entire auction, I try to get to the desk before Noon. With that auction still live you can see the high bid on previous items of that day.
Notice I said high bid because unless you can watch live you will not know if that bid met the hidden reserve or not.

Outside of that, I have found no way to see what cars are selling for.
Also, factor that there are so many variables on the cars condition that knowing last weeks price on an Accord has little bearing on what a different Accord will sell for.

I will say that I have been watching Gen2 Priuses and it seems that $2k is the low end and these $2k cars still have a ton of damage.

I have also noticed that a bidder from Conley, GA tends to bid up to about $150 on just about every car that comes through. I did some Googling and Pull-a-Part who has a Cleveland JY is HQ'ed in Conley, GA.

I have detailed some of my recent activity over in this thread

enginenerd
enginenerd New Reader
6/23/17 12:33 p.m.

I think John as it right, as applied to Copart. The only way I found in the past (they may have updated their services) was to become a member and watch the live auctions online. Add the fees using their convoluted fee structure guide (different structures for their normal and 'premium' members) and that will be your sale price.

The price shown prior to the auction was hardly ever close to the selling price in my experience.

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
6/23/17 1:38 p.m.

Thanks guys! ya its hard for me to watch the auctions live. That's a good idea to jump on wight when they end.

I will have to do some reading on your thread John Welsh

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
6/23/17 7:19 p.m.

I wanted to know the same thing. I have an account and even emailed copart to see if there was a way to find the sale prices, but got no response. I'll call next week and see what they say.

wf0tl8yNlGGFHmNqM0OFTHNargJtNZyQ