RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
6/13/16 6:26 a.m.

My Evo has glued-on aftermarket door vent visors. Unfortunately, the driver's side rear visor has come loose at the rear and is flapping at highway speeds. How do I remove these vents without doing any damage to the car?

EvanR
EvanR SuperDork
6/13/16 7:20 a.m.

Just like emblems. Dental floss or fishing line to "saw" through the adhesive, then clean with your favorite adhesive remover.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
6/13/16 7:39 a.m.

I asked this same question before, and some saint recommended bestine rubber cement thinner. the magic it does with adhesive, is well, magic.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
6/13/16 7:49 a.m.
lnlogauge wrote: I asked this same question before, and some saint recommended bestine rubber cement thinner. the magic it does with adhesive, is well, magic.

Bestine isn't going to damage paint or rubber, is it? I'm a bit concerned about the door and window seals.

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
6/13/16 9:24 a.m.

In reply to RexSeven:

I used it on a massive amount of double sided industrial tape that was right in the middle of the doors. zero harm to the paint. I also used it removing the vent visors. Im sure it got on the sealing, and zero damage. I had a couple of spots the paint came off trying to remove the visors. My solution with that was just to put new ones on to cover the damage.

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
6/13/16 9:54 a.m.

In reply to lnlogauge:

The rear door visors end in a point, and the point on the flapping visor has been hitting the door frame, leaving a wear spot. If I can't buff it out, I will get the OEM Mitsu visors. The OEM visors use clips as well as adhesive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vOX02ahcMUjmcaEoCPeqFmp1LoqQwcCntEE6eDGBvMHRNOeApagJw9NREJPqWyCO