1 2
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/17 10:20 p.m.

No, but his real name is Dan Edmunds. He's not shy about talking about that car, and I think he actually writes for Edmunds (no relation).

https://www.miata.net/motm/2010/edmunds2.html

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/24/17 6:26 a.m.
thevs said:

In reply to actualsize :

Fantastic cars for cheap fun in the dirt !

I'm building up my suspension right now - doing mainly rallycross and TSD events. Would be very interested in seeing the Bilstein Shock valve codes you changed to if available - I assume they worked well for you ?

I sent my Bilsteins in to be revalved. They said they still had the specs for his shocks and would valve them the same. I do not like them at all, much too stiff for rallycross in my opinion. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
10/24/17 7:04 a.m.

RedGT rally-crosses a Miata (or used to).  I think he still had is Alfa coupe back when this  thread started. Maybe even the Nissan Sentra as well.

Kylini
Kylini Dork
10/25/17 8:52 a.m.

Ignoring the thread necromancy, I can comfortably say that you can RallyCross just fine on completely blown shocks if the springs are stiff enough. You’ll do better if you have a smidge of added height, somewhat stiffer springs, and shocks that work. 

My only mandatory suggestion is shock/spring bags. They keep mud away from your shock seals. They’re cheap. They’re a good idea. 

No one in PR seemed to have their undertray at Nats. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QshUWKgLnQqJECkxu4tpLgKa6WwLDqIZThVNtHe2APEvSB6pBmdh8NulLvJPFDu6