1 2
stoptheeconobox
stoptheeconobox New Reader
11/10/09 11:04 a.m.

now we know that the 500's coming out, what's the most insane tuning job you could pull off on the 1.4 sport? the wilder, the better.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
11/10/09 11:11 a.m.

Spend the money on an Abarth.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
11/10/09 11:12 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Spend the money on an Abarth.

+1

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/09 11:14 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
+1
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/10/09 11:15 a.m.

Hemi in the back seat?

Or better yet, Viper V10 in the back seat? Don't know what transaxle to use though, G50 would be my first guess.

tuna55
tuna55 Reader
11/10/09 11:17 a.m.

LS9 /thread

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/10/09 11:46 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
+1

...and maybe swap out the wheels/lower it more if it needs it. Eventually Koni Yellows. Bigger rear sway if it isn't neutral enough.

I don't have a massive tune in me anymore. I'll let the factory figure it out.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
11/10/09 12:25 p.m.

Konis. Coilovers. Turbo. 13 X 9's with hoosiers. Box flares?.

Though it'd be interesting to see how much room there is in the engine bay. SRT-4 swap?

stoptheeconobox
stoptheeconobox New Reader
11/10/09 1:11 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Hemi in the back seat? Or better yet, Viper V10 in the back seat? Don't know what transaxle to use though, G50 would be my first guess.

Awesome!

SlickDizzy
11/10/09 2:39 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Konis. Coilovers. Turbo. 13 X 9's with hoosiers. Box flares?. Though it'd be interesting to see how much room there is in the engine bay. SRT-4 swap?

I don't think 13's will clear the brakes. FWIW the Fiat powerplant is probably more advanced anyway.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
11/10/09 2:56 p.m.

New Poll:

Pick one:

stoptheeconobox is:

A. A troll.

B. Someone that's been here a while with a different username.

C. A FNG that just happens to be really enthusiastic.

D. More than one of the above.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/10/09 3:03 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: New Poll: Pick one: D. More than one of the above.

LOLZ

SlickDizzy
11/10/09 3:04 p.m.

My money's on C, with a possible A (and, thus, D). If I was stuck driving an automatic Toyota Echo, who knows what I'd do.

JetMech
JetMech Reader
11/10/09 3:05 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: New Poll: Pick one: stoptheeconobox is: A. A troll. B. Someone that's been here a while with a different username. C. A FNG that just happens to be really enthusiastic. D. More than one of the above.

I could be considered option C, but in this case, I'd vote for option D.

John Brown
11/10/09 3:05 p.m.

I suggest we wait until we see the car in showrooms, since Chrysler could still be dead by the time the changes take place

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
11/10/09 3:08 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: New Poll: Pick one: stoptheeconobox is: A. A troll. B. Someone that's been here a while with a different username. C. A FNG that just happens to be really enthusiastic. D. More than one of the above.

Yes, clearly.

VanillaSky
VanillaSky Reader
11/10/09 3:38 p.m.

I'm adding a +1 for the Abarth. If my wife is still happy in the Astra when I'm looking for a new car for myself, that's what I will be buying.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
11/10/09 3:40 p.m.

In the '60s, one of the wildest Gasser combos was a Chrysler Hemi in a Fiat 500. Recreate that with a 528.

slefain
slefain Dork
11/10/09 3:47 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I suggest we wait until we see the car in showrooms, since Chrysler could still be dead by the time the changes take place

At SEMA my co-worker speculated that the epic Chrysler press conference was going to last until 2012 when the world ends so they could avoid the embarrassment of going under....

John Brown
11/10/09 3:53 p.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: In the '60s, one of the wildest Gasser combos was a Chrysler Hemi in a Fiat 500. Recreate that with a 528.

Topolino.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
11/10/09 4:23 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: My money's on C, with a possible A (and, thus, D). If I was stuck driving an automatic Toyota Echo, who knows what I'd do.

Whoa whoa whoa.... it's an AUTO? BWAHAHAHAHA sorry... that just got better.

As for the topic at hand I'd trade it in for the 2011 Swift Sport with enough money for the inevitable RRM Suspension kit and tuning. Just saying.... the 500 is fugly.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
11/10/09 11:30 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: SRT-4 swap?

Oh, Hellz yes!

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
11/11/09 7:40 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: New Poll: Pick one: stoptheeconobox is:

Tim Suddard amusing himself, seeing how far we'd go w/ our multitude of silly ideas.

BTW, Tim Baxter, I just realized that when using Safari on a XP machine the Quote Reply ! and +0 boxes don't show up at the bottom of each post.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
11/11/09 4:07 p.m.

OK, I figgered out the answer. The correct answer would be B. While some might select D and argue the TAFKAAC was in fact trolling, A and D are not as correct as B. C is clearly incorrect in this instance. Anyone who disagrees with this answer is welcome to argue after class and receive points off their next exam.

John Brown
11/11/09 4:22 p.m.

I was thinking Dave, not Pat... Pat is enjoying his new place on top of the world, but we haven't really heard from Dave in about a year.

The Canadian thing intrigues me...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xQtvTbPP08el5IZ650pKMwEtAFH7qvPppqfimqaPGwFPzlfji6MSes8OpGQBKvx0