jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/21/21 8:14 p.m.

Anyone planning on attending?  I will be there with the tube frame Camaro. Fingers crossed that I finally get to see what this thing is made of.
If any forum members are planning to come, shout out!
I will be in the paddock with the bus and also at the GRM pavilion with a guitar petting zoo. 
Good times!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/22/21 1:54 p.m.

GRM crew will be there, and looking forward to hearing how the Camaro does. (And tell us more about this guitar petting zoo....)

infernosg
infernosg Reader
9/22/21 2:15 p.m.

I'll be there. Planning on watching the UTCC on Friday and I'm running HPDE throughout the weekend. Bright orange RX7. Stupid loud. Can't miss it.

ross2004
ross2004 Reader
9/22/21 2:42 p.m.

I'll be there as a first-time attendee, bringing my ChampCar Honda Prelude for some HPDE. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/22/21 7:52 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

GRM crew will be there, and looking forward to hearing how the Camaro does. (And tell us more about this guitar petting zoo....)

Sweet!  Looking forward to hanging out with ya'll GRM folks!  Yeah, a few fellow gear head prs folks are coming to man the both with me and soak up the hyperfestivities...we will have electrics, acoustics, an amp or two...whatever I can snag and fit in the bus. 
we will have a shred contest and an air guitar contest (both are fun to watch!) with each winner getting a PRS SE Zach Myers with Hyperfest decorations. 
I am Looking forward to bringing car and guitar worlds together again ...and I'm also very hopeful that the Camaro is de-bugged. Corner balancing tomorrow. Fun stuff!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/22/21 7:56 p.m.
infernosg said:

I'll be there. Planning on watching the UTCC on Friday and I'm running HPDE throughout the weekend. Bright orange RX7. Stupid loud. Can't miss it.

My first Sebring 12 hour was in the late 70's when the rx7 made its debut. That sounds...I will never forget it. I will listen out for you!  I am in a big brown Wanderlodge bus with a what looks like a satin blue '68 Camaro. Swing by the bus or the booth if you get a chance. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/22/21 7:57 p.m.

In reply to ross2004 :

Swing by if you get a chance!  I'm looking forward to meeting any and all forum folks there!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/22/21 9:55 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Glad to hear that the Camaro is coming along, and thanks for again supporting the event. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/23/21 5:24 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

It's weird how time zooms along. I think we had our first presence at Hyperfest in 2004 or 5....and my little tent was right next to the grm tent back then too!  I really enjoy introducing people to our worlds, and that's a cool place to do it. I really enjoy being part of the party...thanks for having us!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/23/21 11:17 a.m.

If I knew this was next weekend I would've flown into Virginia a few days earlier

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/23/21 12:01 p.m.

Will be there helping run the weekend and racing in my newly-acquired Spec3. Look for the dark blue #06, to be re-liveried in the off-season!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/23/21 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

Nice!  I will look for you...Ed Higginbotham is almost finished converting the ST5 e36 over to spec3. We will be there for 2022. We are talking about trading seats between the Camaro and the BMW so we both get to play in each car. Look forward to seeing you run!

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
9/24/21 8:33 a.m.

Yeah I'll be missing it this year. sad But hopefully banging doors with Brake_L8 and company all next year. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/24/21 9:14 a.m.

I'll be there camping in the Ford F-250 project! Feel free to stop by (6 feet away) and say hello. I can't wait to see the Camaro on track.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham UberDork
9/24/21 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Oh my... That is just.... The ultimate. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/24/21 8:18 p.m.

Nice!  Huge fan of that project truck and hugely appreciating the pit bike rack. SEE YOU SOON!  Fingers crossed that the Camaro finally goes more than two laps per session!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/24/21 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Ed Higginbotham :

How many times did you ask me "why don't you tow with a truck? What's with all these vans?"

Solved the problem. laugh

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/25/21 7:23 a.m.

I almost did this before the bus...but the bus could not be denied. 
I want to take a look at how your receiver is oriented. 
Slight tangent...I have an idea of making quick connect/disconnect beds for my f350. It's a camper. No, it's a stake body. No, it's a dump truck. Just back up and pick your activity. 
Now, back to Hyperfest!

infernosg
infernosg Reader
9/27/21 12:04 p.m.

Man, campers and busses. I'll be over here in a tent just big enough for a queen-sized mattress and using a 25 year-old Trek mountain bike as my "pit" bike.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
9/27/21 8:55 p.m.

In reply to infernosg :

There's a lot to be said for rolling like that. Well done. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uHWD058ceOHJ5kDq8PqL0s4gJ2YzLSZ5dnyJdemkp2xvzzB2kp1Ow2ERSRlWqqEe