Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/15/19 11:05 a.m.

I'm all over email today when I'm supposed to be working and see the new UTCC entries. I'm interested in the G35 as I'm tracking a street/track 350z. I follow the link and see a 350z entered as well with barely over stock hp! No wild swap here. I'm intrigued. These are people I want to talk to. I start investigating going to the UTCC again. It's been a few years but I've always enjoyed it. That's when I realize, I mean I kinda slow on the uptake sometimes, that this is being held with Hyper Fest. I've never attended it as it was usually held at Summit Point and seemed like the Oz Fest of racing. That's not a bad thing, I'm just usually not much on festivals. 

I'm checking this out and getting more and more into going. Also, I'm going to talk to the Nissan guys and see what's up with tracking our cars. Then I realize, this place has kid's stuff there. My son loves watching car shows with me, he's volunteered to help me track prep our Z for a track day at Roebling Road. I'm thinking he might just like going to see this. Which leads to my question....

How is this event for a dad and his seven year old? How's the event in general? Any hot tips or advice?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/15/19 11:11 a.m.

You'll love it! It's super kid friendly, and one of my favorite events of the year.

Xceler8x
3/15/19 11:52 a.m.

Thanks Tom. 

I love being at VIR. Also, my kid is a car guy who can't drive yet. I realized this the day he drifted his battery-powered jeep in the driveway and smirked at us once it was slid into a parking spot. I'm positive he would like this for at least an hour or two. 

I'm waiting on the schedule but any idea what it's looking like for Sunday? We won't be able to make the whole weekend, unfortunately. 

cafcwest
cafcwest HalfDork
3/15/19 1:52 p.m.

In reply to Xceler8x :

Sunday is pretty much a standard NASA road race weekend.  If you want to talk to UTCC folks, you really need to be there on Friday.  Some activities Friday night too, but the bulk of HyperFest type stuff is Saturday.

Brake_L8
Brake_L8 Reader
3/15/19 1:58 p.m.

Hyperfest is a very kid-friendly event! UTCC is on Friday and all of the Hyperfest-specific activities are on Saturday, though.

Xceler8x
3/25/19 2:55 p.m.

Thanks for the updates guys! I was hoping to hit up some UTCC on Sunday but it looks like I have to make a weekend of it. 

Thanks again! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dCwp3QJWzk8p1kbefPl9msQdqHfbTiijrclj0zPoOjKD7J9MySK5XJjAm7Zkcn2V