1 2
ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
4/5/10 11:54 a.m.

I also just read your post in the AADD thread. You've had and turned over a lot of cars. You're not going to be the guy who can limit himself to a finite number of cars. I'm that same guy.

It took a failed marriage for me to figure it out (I sincerely hope it doesn't go that way for you). It's ok to have a flux of cars...sometimes the buffer will be quite large, other times not so much.

One of my long term priorities/goals is to work toward ensuring I have an appropriate space to be me (that is: collect/buy/sell/trade auto junk). This will make life more pleasant for me and those around me. No more stress about where I'm going to put something or what has to go to make room for the deal-of-the-week. Again, it took too long to realize this, but I thought I'd comment in case it helps you.

Clem

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 1:05 p.m.

FWIW - When I hit the lottery I am buying a big old warehouse for guys to hide their project cars in. Fill it with tools, lifts, beer, and a grille. $5 annual fee to join, no limit on what you can drag in. Heaven.

STS_ZX2
STS_ZX2 New Reader
4/5/10 1:12 p.m.

'69...and the oh-so-fun trunnion suspension. How's that looking. Gotta love the 390 though--it will have the square ports, not the doglegs.

miatame
miatame Reader
4/5/10 2:13 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: FWIW - When I hit the lottery I am buying a big old warehouse for guys to hide their project cars in. Fill it with tools, lifts, beer, and a grille. $5 annual fee to join, no limit on what you can drag in. Heaven.

If I win I'll do the same for you...you know, if enough of us collaborate on this thing we might actually have a fair chance of winning...then we can all live the dream!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 2:35 p.m.

i'm the same way. cars in cars out, always something new. sometimes there are a few sometimes a dozen, but there is always something on the way out. have 5 scheduled to leave this summer, 2 will be gone within a few weeks.

i just do not tell her anything until i'm either hooking the trailer up if she is home when i am going, or until i get home if i leave before she gets home from work.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qgtzoi7Pf5q3mweETOwgZARgIbT3SQL2U5zkOolP3ozntYtjJr58QVP4jdLMeykA