Cretinx
Cretinx New Reader
9/15/14 3:56 p.m.

And it was good.

CLICK

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/15/14 4:10 p.m.

Some day, I want to be able to say what you said about Lamborghinis. If for nothing else, then for the simple fact that I will have driven enough Italian and German super cars that I could make that judgement

Congrats!

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
9/15/14 5:15 p.m.

Now, now. Don't mince words... tell use what you really think!

(Confirms my wild apprehension with Italian cars, no matter what Jeremy Clarkson says about some of them)

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/15/14 9:04 p.m.

Thanks for the read it was entertaining and direct. I got to the Ferrari picture and wondered why the knob looked funny.

I don't understand buying a high performance car you're not going to flog the snot out of. But I'm not exactly the target audience.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/16/14 6:34 a.m.

The group I work with has a Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a 996 Turbo. I will agree with you on build quality of the brands. The 996 is also the fastest and most balanced. The 360 is nimble and does handle pretty well, a driver's car. The Gallardo is the beast. Fast and brutal.

Cretinx
Cretinx New Reader
9/17/14 9:47 a.m.

Also factor in that you can pretty much drive any Porsche all winter, even the RWD ones (with snow tires) due to the weight distribution over the drive wheels and the fact that they're fully galvanized.

They're just built right. I hate saying that.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
9/17/14 10:00 a.m.

Did this the last two years for Imagine Lifestyles. I firmly agree on the mediocrity of the Italians.... but damn does an F430 at full song sound sweet. Too bad the rest of the car is complete garbage.... they remind me of the Cummins engine in the Ram. Fantastic engine. E36 M3 package.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
9/17/14 10:26 a.m.

Good write up. I'm not in the market for any of these but fun to read about.

Would the SL6.3 be improved by putting REALLY sticky tires on it or is the torque still so absurd that it would torch Hoosiers?

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
9/17/14 11:03 a.m.

FYI - I'm surprised they didn't tell you, but the Gotham staff removed the Manettino on purpose after switching it to the most aggressive traction control setting. They do this to keep students from losing control of the car, but it ruins the driving experience at the limit. Without that intervention the F430's handling is sublime.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W8ZCUoIRWIh1jyBz9YnR9wbFGYaY3yqz4gx6QliDD1oBZphxGyQrfdN1iRQ3DCaT