1 2
Sofa King
Sofa King New Reader
11/19/08 10:08 a.m.

The husband of a woman that I work with hit a deer with his pick-up truck on the street that they live on. While his truck was in the shop, he hit 2 more deer on the same street. When he got out to survey the damage to the rental car, a buck ran out of the woods and gored him!

As a multipleMiata owner here in Ohio, I am always afraid of hitting deer. I am actually glad to see that he hit your fender. I have always assumed that a deer would end up in my lap! (or my face!)

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/19/08 10:09 a.m.

Glad you are OK!

I haven't managed to hit a deer yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I came real close one time, driving a Pinto on Hwy 21 north of Columbia. Crested a hill at about 65-70 MPH and there were two standing in the middle of the road. I flatspotted all 4 tires. Stupid deer just stood there and watched me coming at them and when the smoke cloud drifted over them one sneezed? and then they hopped off into the woods. So for the rest of the year I went 'thumpa thumpa thumpa' everywhere I went because I couldn't afford new tires.

Autolex
Autolex Reader
11/19/08 10:15 a.m.

I had one jump over the hood of my miata in broad daylight in my neighborhood (I was doing about 30mph)!

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
11/19/08 10:22 a.m.

My buddy had a deer knock off his antennae on his Miata. Ive had them run into my fender. Jamie and I have hit one while she was driving, my dad and I hit one while he was driving, and all on the same stretch of road, except for my friend and his Miata.

Joey

Autolex
Autolex Reader
11/19/08 10:49 a.m.
derekshannon wrote: ...that pair of bars some bigger bikes have in front of the foot pegs...

Highway Bars.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
11/19/08 11:27 a.m.

This reminds me of Ron White's joke about a friend bragging about his hunting skills taking down a buck from a long distance. His response, "I got one with my van at 55 MPH. Maybe if you slowed the bullits down, put little headlights and horn blaring, hunters could get more of them."

My only deer story was two years ago. I was driving my wifes car down highway one near Santa Cruz California. I came around blind corner and there was a dead one in the middle of the lane that some already hit. I managed to to stradle it while driving over it. It didn't bend anything, but it did leave blood and fur on evey low hanging object. Blood and fur burning of the exhaust is not a pleasent smell. My wife took it to a detailer and paid them to clean the rest of it off.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/19/08 11:48 a.m.
Type Q wrote: This reminds me of Ron White's joke about a friend bragging about his hunting skills taking down a buck from a long distance. His response, "I got one with my van at 55 MPH. Maybe if you slowed the bullits down, put little headlights and horn blaring, hunters could get more of them."

LOL Good idea!

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Reader
11/19/08 5:15 p.m.
Type Q said:My only deer story was two years ago. I was driving my wifes car down highway one near Santa Cruz California. I came around blind corner and there was a dead one in the middle of the lane that some already hit. I managed to to stradle it while driving over it. It didn't bend anything, but it did leave blood and fur on evey low hanging object. Blood and fur burning of the exhaust is not a pleasent smell. My wife took it to a detailer and paid them to clean the rest of it off.

A friend of mine recently did a very similar maneuver only in a very very low 1Gen Mr2... he claims he caught air. He did shatter his front air dam and had "grated deer" on the bottom of his car ever since then. You can still smell it when it rains...

Those of you on this board who hunt deer, Thank you, you hobby is actually a public service.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
11/19/08 5:26 p.m.

Nailed one with my cop car. No damage, really, but picking the fur out ot the spiderwebed paint on the bumper was kind of gross.

Canute
Canute New Reader
11/19/08 5:34 p.m.

Where's the pic of the deer? They're really tasty, but I don't know if Miatas are large enough caliber. Hunting with a Crown Vic would be much more humane and more likely to make a clean kill.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
11/19/08 8:05 p.m.

well..

on the postive side, you have a freezer full of fresh venison right?

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/19/08 8:41 p.m.
Canute wrote: Where's the pic of the deer? They're really tasty, but I don't know if Miatas are large enough caliber. Hunting with a Crown Vic would be much more humane and more likely to make a clean kill.

+1 if it's a P71 with the push bars.

I wish I had bought a jeep 2 years ago, I could have easily repaired dear damage from my multiple accidents for cheap with fiberglass fenders and such

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rBn6BlF7uhTCRHvCE9PbFUCFLqyeTM9UKSpeBQ8K0hJjhGApQzhPGwFQJ1AHRDEQ