1 2
clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
7/24/14 3:06 p.m.

Is your neighbor looking to adopt?

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
7/24/14 7:48 p.m.

But it's still a hybrid, it would look better on fire....

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/24/14 7:59 p.m.

Would a brodozer roll coal? Me thinks not.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
7/24/14 8:28 p.m.

You must live in a VERY nice neighborhood,I can say with confidence that even if I broadened the "neighbor" circle to a 500 mile radius I doubt a neighbor would have one.

Anyone that hates on this because its a "hybrid" should turn in his man card.Btw I have zero use for the typical hybrid.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla HalfDork
7/24/14 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

Yah but it won't be the only one.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
7/25/14 6:58 a.m.
bentwrench wrote: But it's still a hybrid, it would look better on fire....

It's a Ferrari. Give it time.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/14 8:33 a.m.

In reply to ultraclyde:

Truth. Even their non hybrids catch fire

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/14 9:00 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: Anyone that hates on this because its a "hybrid" should turn in his man card.Btw I have zero use for the typical hybrid.

I agree with you totally

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
7/25/14 9:13 a.m.
kevlarcorolla wrote: You must live in a VERY nice neighborhood,I can say with confidence that even if I broadened the "neighbor" circle to a 500 mile radius I doubt a neighbor would have one. Anyone that hates on this because its a "hybrid" should turn in his man card.Btw I have zero use for the typical hybrid.

Hehe, I live within 500 miles of around 50% of the population of the US so I imagine there's one of almost every car in that radius.. even this one is less than 500 miles from me.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
7/25/14 11:24 a.m.

fugly.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
7/25/14 11:26 a.m.

Finally, a hybrid for men

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/25/14 11:31 a.m.

Whomever (Ha! Take that Wierd Al) is penning the new Ferraris needs to back off on the Red Bull a little bit. The 458 was a little busy, but I could live with it. This is looks like something I would have built out of the "spares bucket" back when I was into Legos. I'm sure Michael Bay thinks this car is killer.

And yes, I couldn't afford one if I sold my house, both my kids, my dog, and a kidney. Ergo I'm just a jealous hater whining about something I can't have, etc., etc., etc.

For the record, this is a Ferrari:

ultraclyde
ultraclyde SuperDork
7/25/14 12:20 p.m.

And this is a Corvette:

I'm fairly certain their designers are absolutely right down the fairway of the people the actually buy that type of new vehicle.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/14 12:30 p.m.

Like them or not.. the Italians, Pininfarina especially, have a nasty habit of combing jawdropping looks with functionality. I am fairly certain all of those scoops, vents, and the like are needed to keep it cool and sucked down to the road. The rest is there to make it look as pretty (and aerodynamic as possible) and still give the buyer the high tech experience they think a car of this price range needs. Face it.. the old rich do not buy cars like this. The new rich do.. and they like to show off

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/25/14 12:33 p.m.

In reply to ultraclyde:

You forgot to add: "Get off my lawn."

Personally, I have no problem with current Ferrari styling. I wouldn't expect them to look the same as they did 35 years ago. Nor do I have any problem with it being a 'hybrid' whatever that's supposed to mean. It's a car. It's fast. What else really matters?

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
7/25/14 1:50 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: And this is a Corvette: I'm fairly certain their designers are absolutely right down the fairway of the people the actually buy that type of new vehicle.

You're probably right. I guess the current supercar styling trends remind of the the late 50's "fin craze". I'm only hoping someone comes along and designs something simple and clean and swings the pendulum back the other way.

No real dog in the fight here, as the C4 above is about where my "fun car" budget runs out.

EDIT: Oh, and "Get off my lawn"

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
7/25/14 2:19 p.m.
Anyone that hates on this because its a "hybrid" should turn in his man card.Btw I have zero use for the typical hybrid.

Right now i have a customer's c5 vette taken apart at my friend's house. I was just texting him about the accord hybrid timing belt job he was supposed to get this weekend. Im sure he wants to drive the Vette after we put it back together, but i want to drive the Accord Hybrid. I wouldnt be surprised if i thought the hybrid was a more interesting vehicle overall, and we are talking mild-hybrid blah-mpg accord versus a friggin 350hp corvette that i just pulled the REAR MOUNTED transaxle out of.

Hybrids are extremely interesting to me. To me the means are just as much if not more interesting than the end. But i do more than just drive cars. I learn how they work, take them apart, and put them back together. I think that is why hybrids interest me more than the people who primarily drive and just dabble in actually understanding the how and why.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 HalfDork
7/25/14 2:21 p.m.

Some of the hybrid hate is silly because you can get regular sedans as hybrids now; you don't have to get an ugly, dorky looking Prius anymore. It may be a few years until a 911 and Corvette are hybrids, but they will come too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/25/14 2:27 p.m.

Hybrid hate?

Keep on hating.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
7/25/14 2:59 p.m.

Just wait until some tuning shop hacks the hybrid ECU and allows you to do things like select 100% power on demand, increase the motor voltage for short bursts, etc.

It's just a matter of time until folks start to tweak them just like we do gas engines.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/25/14 3:15 p.m.

From what I've seen in the last 10-15years in the electric R/C car world, I don't fear the electric/hybrid car. Hot rodders are hot rodders. We'll figure out a way to ruin these cars soon enough.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/25/14 3:43 p.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: Some of the hybrid hate is silly because you can get regular sedans as hybrids now; you don't have to get an ugly, dorky looking Prius anymore. It may be a few years until a 911 and Corvette are hybrids, but they will come too.

Agreed. Porsche has already experimented with the 911, via the 24 hour Nurburgring car.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
7/25/14 9:41 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Just wait until some tuning shop hacks the hybrid ECU and allows you to do things like select 100% power on demand, increase the motor voltage for short bursts, etc. It's just a matter of time until folks start to tweak them just like we do gas engines.

who will come out with the "Megasquirt" for hybrids?

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/14 10:00 p.m.

FYI the P1 is STUNNING in person. Absolutely jaw-dropping.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/25/14 10:20 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: From what I've seen in the last 10-15years in the electric R/C car world, I don't fear the electric/hybrid car. Hot rodders are hot rodders. We'll figure out a way to ruin these cars soon enough.

I want to scale up all of my Dad's old slot car equipment for rewinding motors with "hotter" armatures and start hot rodding Tesla's.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fcgqJQKQ74DAEniPQ1zCutgwD4MCY8hIBPJCV4GHpE0ydpVbRf4ISm2mcQBGAobG