1 2
kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
7/26/14 9:11 a.m.

I miss boxy or robot looking 80s cars (ie. AW11 MR2) and smooth lines 90s cars (Rx7) but this modern combination of both you see in today's car design are abortions.

Lets give it smooth edges but give it weird angles all over the place so it looks like it's going to morph into some Japanese anime mecha.

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
7/26/14 10:50 a.m.

I don't hate, I'm a function over form guy!

It doesn't matter who built it or what kind of dress they put on it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/26/14 11:05 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I miss boxy or robot looking 80s cars (ie. AW11 MR2) and smooth lines 90s cars (Rx7) but this modern combination of both you see in today's car design are abortions. Lets give it smooth edges but give it weird angles all over the place so it looks like it's going to morph into some Japanese anime mecha.

What you've just described is this shape wise:

VS.

I'll take the Raptor any day of the week.

unevolved
unevolved Dork
7/28/14 10:36 a.m.
novaderrik wrote:
Trans_Maro wrote: Just wait until some tuning shop hacks the hybrid ECU and allows you to do things like select 100% power on demand, increase the motor voltage for short bursts, etc. It's just a matter of time until folks start to tweak them just like we do gas engines.
who will come out with the "Megasquirt" for hybrids?

Pretty sure there's some good open source motor controllers. I've got a buddy that dabbles in electric vehicles, he's got some interesting projects.

I think the problem is still batteries. You can put cheap gas in a cheap car, but you can't put cheap batteries in a cheap e-car. No such thing.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5gYoCpUJjhhgB5cvwVXsjVx50kLduJQ4Cw69RTP8icBFVUUu7YElF0oNZAclmbjr