1 2
Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/8/18 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Grtechguy :

There are 5, 7/8" Wej-it anchors on each column. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/9/18 1:13 p.m.

This morning I put the G35 in the air and replaced the drivers side wheel bearing. 4' in the air made a easy job even easier. I officially love this thing. 

I did make a bit of an error. I think I put it a little too close to the shop. I should have mounted it on the other side of a expansion joint. As it is now, I only have about 24" between the bumper and the shop wall on the G35. Anything bigger is just going to be worse. For now we will just see how much of a problem it is. If it's too much, I'll order another set of anchors and move it. 

If you have a place to mount it, I recommend getting one. 

I'll report back if there are any issues in the future. 

Harvey
Harvey Dork
9/9/18 1:25 p.m.

First thing I put up was my Lincoln Navigator, curb weight 5995lbs. Handled it like a champ.

I'd be cautious with the anchors outside about stuff getting into the anchor holes.

With a lot of aid from a friend I just finished swapping the oil pan on my wife's BMW 335xi. It would have been nearly impossible without the lift.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/9/18 1:33 p.m.

Should be easy to grab a handful of bolts from the hardware store to fill the holes when the lift is out. If exposed heads are a no go then chop the heads off and slit them for a flush mount screwdriver removal. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
9/9/18 1:52 p.m.

My plan is bolts with rubber washers to keep the crap out of the anchors. That and I'll blow them out with air before installing the bolts. 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
9/9/18 3:13 p.m.

I'd probably fill the anchors with marine grade grease before I screwed in the bolts, but I have to worry about water getting in and freezing and you probably don't. 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
a7SGsR2kdOcJegCnS0kI0VUGEnEWQnn882DJhvTrRtT0TrkXCJ4tRk4qL2CXiqEB