Sweet!

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/25/18 8:29 a.m.

Awesome!!

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/25/18 9:17 a.m.

Will follow this very closely.....especially your take on using a mobile stool to navigate under neath. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/25/18 12:12 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Will follow this very closely.....especially your take on using a mobile stool to navigate under neath. 

I'm thinking of a modified office chair instead of a stool.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/25/18 12:55 p.m.

Cool stuff. I got mine working and posted about it on here a few weeks back.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/if-i-can-install-a-lift-in-my-garage-you-better-be/142147/page1/

I am soooo never using a jack again.

I've got a rolling stool and at full lift height and the lowest position on the stool I can sit on the stool and almost straighten up. I'm 6'1".

I also got one of these for when the stool is less convenient.

https://www.amazon.com/USA-Made-Professional-Adjustable-Manufacturing/dp/B004K7F8PQ/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1535219690&sr=1-11&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A5025974011

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/25/18 1:35 p.m.

I've started finally using the little roller stool/bench/drawer thingy I got from HF and I love it. I can't fit under the maxjax w/ the ranger on the lift (ceiling limited), but I think I will be able to w/ the e30.

This guy: linky

Toyman01
9/6/18 7:59 a.m.

More to come. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/6/18 8:09 a.m.

Jealous.  I was tempted when someone posted that Home Depot one-day sale yesterday, but I simply have no place to put it. 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
9/6/18 11:58 a.m.

I just spent a few minutes online trying to figure out the difference between the M6 and the Maxjax. Looks like automatic locks and more positions for the M6. Am I missing anything?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
9/6/18 12:29 p.m.

Man. The auto-locks would be really nice, and for only a few hundred more than the Maxjax with ALI certification thrown in it sounds like a deal. I would go for the M6 if I had it to do over, but I've had my MaxJax for almost 2 years now and have loved it.

Toyman01
9/6/18 1:09 p.m.

Main difference is autolocks. Ali certified. And a 3 year extended warranty. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/6/18 1:49 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

That is all. 

I'm looking forward to it coming in. 

Hopefully next week some time. 

I'll update here when it does. 

Umm, forgive my ignorance but what keeps this stable fore and aft?  What keeps it from toppling your ride on its nose when you lean on a wrench a little too hard?

edit:  Just went and looked, it's bolted down blush.  The wheels on the uprights threw me off, like it's intended to be super-portable.  Carry on.

Toyman01
9/6/18 4:56 p.m.

Got the crate broken down and loaded in the back of the truck and then unloaded into my shop. 

Portable? Barely. I wouldn't want to move it from one shop to another. The uprights are probably 300+- lbs each.

Toyman01
9/8/18 10:14 a.m.

Progress is being made. 

You aren't supposed to mount these outside but my shop isn't tall enough to make mounting it inside worthwhile. They will be stored inside and rolled out when needed. 

I'm setting them at 120" apart. 

Everything is going together nicely. So far, the only thing I don't particularly like is the damage to the paint. The cylinders are shipped loose in the columns. They both have a lot of paint missing. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/18 10:17 a.m.

Honestly i’d be tempted to throw a couple grill covers on the posts and leave them instead of moving them every time.  You can probably get a cover for an upright smoker that would do the job 

Toyman01
9/8/18 11:49 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

The main problem with that is I'm not sure I want them standing in my back yard all the time. We will see how it goes. 

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/8/18 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

You could Washington Monument replicas out of plywood to cover the posts, and hinge the back so they could slide over.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/8/18 12:54 p.m.

I want an outside lift so bad. 

Toyman01
9/8/18 4:03 p.m.

Success.

First test was the Cherokee. I ran it to the top and shook, jerked, pulled, and pushed. Nothing failed. 

Next up was the G35. I pulled a front wheel to see how difficult the shock change was going to be. Found a blown out LCA bushing. I'll order one and replace all of that at the same time.

It still makes me a little nervous, but my middle son seems to trust it without reservations. 

A couple of other notes. 

The automatic locks are the bomb. I'm glad I spent the extra money on them. 

The pump doesn't strain at all in lifting anything. Pretty sure it doesn't slow down at all. 

I'd give the lift a 98 out of 100. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/8/18 4:29 p.m.

That is the dogs bollocks.  yes

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
9/8/18 4:53 p.m.

You could pressure wash the bottom of a car outside. So jealous.........

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
9/8/18 5:00 p.m.

No need to bolt them down?  interesting.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
9/8/18 5:05 p.m.

No, it looks like they ARE bolted down in the pics.

Once you have a lift, my friends, everything goes up from there.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
etT2By5UumZyD31JOBINuUQJU1KszwTOIEiATCYo03mxWVFH5L6Jogo83kIPC5uS