1 2 3 4 5 6
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/12/16 10:17 p.m.

Ah. Gotcha.

There was an R100 for sale in Houston right after I bought mine.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/24/16 7:29 p.m.

Quick update:

I've driven this thing almost 2k miles. Most of my driving is commuting to work in stop and go traffic. I've averaged 13-15mpg depending on how easy I drove it. I did drive like a granny one week and averages about 17mpg. On the highway 22ish. I tend to push my cars and just eat the gas penalty.

Few issues:

-Hood struts need replacing.

-3rd brake light has come lose.

-Trunk mounted 6 disk cd player is missing cartridge.

When I get time I still plan on replacing the timing chain guides, change sc oil, and upgrade intercooler pump. As well as lowering the car, exhaust cutouts, and wheels.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
11/25/16 12:26 a.m.
When I get time I still plan on replacing the timing chain guides, change sc oil, and upgrade intercooler pump.

If the supercharger is actually going to come out (kinda necessary to actually clean out the old fluid unless you settle for just sucking out what you can get through the fill hole) then you should consider replacing the spring-loaded coupler with a solid coupler to avoid the 'horrible rattling at idle' failure that mfennell mentioned earlier.

What have you read about replacing the intercooler pump? Major upgrade? Makes a difference even at stock boost?

yupididit
11/25/16 1:19 a.m.

The Bosch intercooler pump upgrade seems to be more efficient than the hella unit and only $100. Anything to keep that Eaton cooler helps, even at stock boost.

I will eventually do some supercharger maintenance. It seems to be a huge PITA to remove.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
11/25/16 8:39 a.m.

I'm told the hose underneath the blower in the valley is a common failure but easy and cheap when you have it apart.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
11/25/16 9:19 a.m.

There are two of those hoses. We did both on the car i fixed (m4ff3w's old car). And yes, the supercharger is a bitch to get out. But this seems like the kind of car where you really should bite the bullet of annoyance up front and then cruise in tire shredding mental tranquility.

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
11/25/16 1:05 p.m.
yupididit wrote: Quick update: I've driven this thing almost 2k miles. Most of my driving is commuting to work in stop and go traffic. I've averaged 13-15mpg depending on how easy I drove it. I did drive like a granny one week and averages about 17mpg. On the highway 22ish. I tend to push my cars and just eat the gas penalty. Few issues: -Hood struts need replacing. -3rd brake light has come lose. -Trunk mounted 6 disk cd player is missing cartridge. When I get time I still plan on replacing the timing chain guides, change sc oil, and upgrade intercooler pump. As well as lowering the car, exhaust cutouts, and wheels.

Hey, I have an extra CD magazine with the Jaguar slip case for it. My car came with 3. You want one? Message me, it's yours.

yupididit
11/25/16 1:56 p.m.
Vigo wrote: But this seems like the kind of car where you really should bite the bullet of annoyance up front and then cruise in tire shredding mental tranquility.

yupididit
11/25/16 1:57 p.m.
Lugnut wrote:
yupididit wrote: Quick update: I've driven this thing almost 2k miles. Most of my driving is commuting to work in stop and go traffic. I've averaged 13-15mpg depending on how easy I drove it. I did drive like a granny one week and averages about 17mpg. On the highway 22ish. I tend to push my cars and just eat the gas penalty. Few issues: -Hood struts need replacing. -3rd brake light has come lose. -Trunk mounted 6 disk cd player is missing cartridge. When I get time I still plan on replacing the timing chain guides, change sc oil, and upgrade intercooler pump. As well as lowering the car, exhaust cutouts, and wheels.
Hey, I have an extra CD magazine with the Jaguar slip case for it. My car came with 3. You want one? Message me, it's yours.

Sending you a message now!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/17 6:24 p.m.
84FSP wrote: I'm told the hose underneath the blower in the valley is a common failure but easy and cheap when you have it apart.

Guess what happened Thursday night! I have a leak coming from under the supercharger, so I'll be removing the sc soon.

I'm going to get all this done at one time. Once I'm done I'll take her to the track and then put her up for sale. I love the car but I want a bigger faster 4 door Eurobarge. Something with 4 more cylinders and two turbos instead of a supercharger.

Whoever buys this xjr won't have to worry about much once I'm done.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/5/17 12:24 a.m.

When you have the SC out, go ahead and replace the supercharger duct seals (between SC and intercoolers) with the updated parts from the 4.2l cars. You'll need the 2 seals and the retainer plate.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/5/17 12:45 a.m.

Also fairly cheap to replace the spring loaded supercharger coupler in the snout with a solid one and change the supercharger oil. It would suck if your supercharger started rattling right before you try and sell it.

yupididit
2/5/17 9:19 a.m.
Vigo wrote: Also fairly cheap to replace the spring loaded supercharger coupler in the snout with a solid one and change the supercharger oil. It would suck if your supercharger started rattling right before you try and sell it.

Do you have the part#? Does removing the snout require a special tool?

yupididit
2/5/17 1:54 p.m.

Nevermind, found my answers.

Eaton Coupler

You only need a special tool to remove the pulley.

yupididit
3/10/17 4:28 p.m.

Yes, I'm slow I have easily too many cars

Finally got started on the xjr

Looks like a lot but really isn't too bad... So far lol

yupididit
4/30/17 7:50 p.m.

I know I know. Im slow. I have neglected my jaguar for my conquest and flatbody starion I just aquired .

So, thought I could leave it stock but nah. Im going to upgrade the upper supercharger pulley, rebuild the snout with new bearings, install upgraded intercooler pump, free up exhaust by deleting some mufflers and installing x-pipe.

While I had everything removed I ordered knock sensors, crap ton of coolant hoses, the brittle little skinny hose I can't help but to break, new gaskets (already ordered) and a bunch of miscellaneous things.

Thinking about getting injectors cleaned since they're in my face and accessible.

I'm getting the coolant hard pipes, charge air coolers, and upper sc housing powder coated. They're ugly and stained.

yupididit
4/30/17 7:57 p.m.

Parts to get coated.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/30/17 8:46 p.m.

Good to see some progress again. How much hp do you estimate will the pulley swap/intercooler upgrade gain you?

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
4/30/17 8:54 p.m.

That powdercoating will dress the engine bay up a ton. It's already got a really unique look to the top of the motor, just needs some color.

I guess i'm too lazy to read back... are you doing the upper chain tensioners? Already done? Now would be the easiest time..

yupididit
4/30/17 8:59 p.m.

The 10% pulley is supposedly a 35 to 40 bhp increase. We will see though. They're cheap to be honest. Could probably go with a lower pulley too but I think I'll already be stretching the legs of this intercooler lol

I'm going with Powerhouse Automotive out of the UK.

yupididit
4/30/17 9:00 p.m.

In reply to Vigo:

Already done

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/18 11:40 p.m.

Bringing this back from the dead but I saw in another recent thread that you may be thinking of selling. I would be interested. 

Did you ever update the tensioners. 

akylekoz
akylekoz HalfDork
2/19/18 5:41 a.m.

Do you need a pulley removal and install tool, I have one that was used once for a GT500 upgrade.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/18 7:16 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

No but that reminds me. I never paid a member back for his! 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/18 7:17 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Bringing this back from the dead but I saw in another recent thread that you may be thinking of selling. I would be interested. 

Did you ever update the tensioners. 

Yeah the tensioners are updated. The car has been sitting in storage in California since August. I'm in Texas. When I get her back I'll let you now!

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kLqQdhMeaKggIDxBxv5KUx7ZJXihRvd90wCV6Wq6BoU8fVrKC2m8POTG3exwjVCR