1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/15 8:15 p.m.

After coming to grips with the fact that owning junk all my life isn't as much fun as it looks, pulled the trigger on a Ultramarine blue 6 speed manual 2015 FR-S base.

Thrashing on the daily to get to work is no longer fun. I need a warranty. I need reliability. I want to get in and drive to Montana without worrying that I'm going to end up a fireball.

I laid down $6,000 at 0.9%. I'm nervous as hell, but happy.

This is my first new car.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/16/15 8:21 p.m.

Congrats but this thread is useless without pictures

84FSP
84FSP Reader
4/16/15 8:32 p.m.

Pics

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
4/16/15 8:46 p.m.

Another convert!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
4/16/15 8:51 p.m.

Nice! Congrats

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/15 9:08 p.m.

No pictures. Its not there yet.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/15 9:10 p.m.

BTW the salesman has a orange Volvo S60. R model, maybe. Cool dude.

Sorry, no pictures of that either.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/15 9:12 p.m.

One by one we are being assimilated...Congrats & enjoy your new ride!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/16/15 9:43 p.m.

Step 2 is to join the FRS forum and post you mod list that you won't ever do because you might void your warranty.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/16/15 10:19 p.m.

Let's see it!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
4/17/15 5:57 a.m.

.9% WOW … I thought I'd done well with my 1.49% loan .. was that a dealer incentive ?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/17/15 8:10 a.m.

Well, might be a bit higher than 0.9. They're running tbe numbers but it should be 1.5 or lower. Regardless, that's cheap.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/17/15 8:11 a.m.

Well, might be a bit higher than 0.9. They're running tbe numbers but it should be 1.5 or lower. Regardless, that's cheap.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/15 8:14 a.m.

Insanely jealous man. If I had the scratch...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/17/15 8:19 a.m.

I keep walking up to that ledge, then not jumping. Then I look at other cars... then walk back up to that ledge. And not jump.

Congrats. Post pics!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/15 8:38 a.m.

Great car. We had a bunch of them at the last autocross and they ranged from "more interested in polishing than walking the course" to "damn, with decent tires that thing is a beast!" It's a great car and you will enjoy.

For nostalgia however, pull over on the side of a highway in the dark in the rain...and then just start it and drive away. You'll feel great about your decision.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/17/15 8:44 a.m.

Congrats! You'll like having a shiny new car, and as long as you keep it a while, depreciation doesn't hurt as much as some here would have you believe.

DD#1's Impreza is getting long in the tooth, and needs some work, and she wants a manual. I keep telling myself not to tell her to buy a BRZ.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Reader
4/17/15 9:02 a.m.

My dd broke down a few days ago...can't hardly fault you for the decision haha.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/17/15 9:25 a.m.

Congrats!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/17/15 9:29 a.m.

What is this "new" car thing that people speak of? I though cars just appeared in various states of disrepair... Congrats on the car... Enjoy..

JacktheRiffer
JacktheRiffer Reader
4/17/15 9:40 a.m.

Great choice! But where are the pics?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
4/17/15 9:55 a.m.

Sounds like its a dealer transfer or an order.

Depending upon what my promotion pays, I'll probably have a new car by July.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
4/17/15 9:59 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Great car. We had a bunch of them at the last autocross and they ranged from "more interested in polishing than walking the course" to "damn, with decent tires that thing is a beast!" It's a great car and you will enjoy. For nostalgia however, pull over on the side of a highway in the dark in the rain...and then just start it and drive away. You'll feel great about your decision.

I can't wait to do my first Auto-X in mine. Ground Control coilovers and 255 wide Dunlop DZIIs.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
4/17/15 10:06 a.m.

Congrats man! If you're lucky you will enjoy the car enough to still smile every month when you write the check. That's the way I was with my Mustang - that payment never really hurt my feelings. 10 years later I'm still enjoying it every day and no longer have to make that payment, plus I know it's been well cared for....or at least I know what's been neglected.

I love the idea of pulling over in E36 M3ty weather then starting the car and driving off. It really does make you appreciate the thing.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/17/15 10:55 a.m.

You guys are helping me feel less apprehensive. Thanks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CkkKevOszb0tixOpYK1oYbbgBIvTL9zHG1KfDBiGHW1Ab8pF0oiP6fiAdObYhFBW