1 2
chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/17/15 11:59 a.m.

Awesome! Let me know when you are ready for your matching Hot Wheels!

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
4/17/15 12:26 p.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

I'm still waiting on mine in the mail...

Congratulations on the buy, and get some good summer tires and join us in CS!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
4/17/15 12:29 p.m.

Hit me up with some pics of the car!

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
4/17/15 1:03 p.m.

Order the turbo kit so that it arrives the day the car comes off warranty! You can content yourself with modding suspension until then.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
4/17/15 1:23 p.m.
wspohn wrote: Order the turbo kit so that it arrives the day the car comes off warranty! You can content yourself with modding suspension until then.

Jackson Racing Supercharger > * turbo kit

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/17/15 4:18 p.m.

Congrats on the purchase!

I've had my '15 BRZ for about a month now. I love it! I've been wondering how long I will go before I void my warranty.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
4/18/15 3:54 p.m.

Congrats I was 90% sure that I was going to by an FRSBRZ in 2016 per the family budget.

I have purchased a dozen cars and only 4 of them were new. Enjoy it, don't be phased by any small issues that are not covered by warranty.

Keep or get a project car and leave your new car stock.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/18/15 4:30 p.m.

Congrats! I keep thinking about one as well. A coworker/boss bought one last year and so far it's been good. The latest video on Jay Leno's Garage didn't help either...

Are "the twins" becoming the new "Answer"?

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
4/18/15 5:43 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: After coming to grips with the fact that owning junk all my life isn't as much fun as it looks, pulled the trigger on a Ultramarine blue 6 speed manual 2015 FR-S base. Thrashing on the daily to get to work is no longer fun. I need a warranty. I need reliability. I want to get in and drive to Montana without worrying that I'm going to end up a fireball. I laid down $6,000 at 0.9%. I'm nervous as hell, but happy. This is my first new car.

Congratulations Appleseed! The FR-S was my first new car ever (and probably my last as well...) and it is something special to daily drive...never fail to enjoy the daily drive either - no matter what kind of work day it's been or what the weather is, driving the FR-S home is 100% enjoyable every time... I can't see myself in any other car now. If the FR-S hadn't come out I would have gone with a used miata...that would have required work to make it daily drivable for my 6'2" self...and at the same time make it less daily driver friendly in the process.

If you (or any other twin owner) ever want to change the stock exhaust note (which is one of the first things almost everyone changes when they finally can't stand its presence, or lack thereof, anymore...) to something better than stock, I have a modified SRT (Swift Racing Technology) Catback that I'm about to sell (changed the tips from the originals to Burns Racing 2.5" to 3.5" transitions - love the new look and sound seems a little smoother.) I would keep the exhaust as I really love it, were it not for the fact I am custom fabbing a single oval exit TRD Griffon style exhaust so I can add a real functional custom diffusor later on (using the stock muffler hanger mounting points as anchoring points for the diffusor.)

One simple thing that I would recommend changing on the car is the steering rack bushings... get rid of the soft factory ones that let the rack move all around (and not even correctly center the steering rack on the mounts!) and replace with 2-piece Delrin ones. Really inexpensive mod that is not difficult to do and gives new precision and feel to the steering, especially mid corner where the stock soft rubber mounts let the steering rack mess things up.

As awesome as the FR-S is, I can't wait until the $500 monthly car note is over...sigh...

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/18/15 10:16 p.m.

Congrats, I can't wait to see the pics!

Storz
Storz Dork
4/19/15 6:03 a.m.

Congrats!

slowride
slowride Reader
4/19/15 6:16 a.m.

Reliability is good! You will enjoy it I think!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O1lE4mdOv0KVVWOJZfE4jHKQ7jsT5rVAFMuNwLRv5SFbox0qi9pceIYmYOspXzWY