1 2 3 4
kb58
kb58 Dork
9/24/16 9:57 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
kb58 wrote: Geez guys, let the OP be happy.
Where are the disparaging words?

"That design has not aged gracefully."

"The jag is 90%. She got a butterface."

"Her face is fine. I don't like the wheels."

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/16 10:23 p.m.

In reply to kb58:

Wheels can be changed easily, you don't see the front of the car when you're driving it, and this is the forum where Crown Vic is the answer when Miata isn't so perhaps not the best judge of how a design stacks up...

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/16 10:50 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote:
dean1484 wrote: They do have a funky back side. I like the roof top antenna.
Is that a Euro model, or did they put the 3.0 in them here? I always thought it was the Contour 2.5.

Yes the American cars got a 3.0l. The 2.5l is really gutless unless it has manual trans. The 3.0 is much better. If I remember it is around 265hp with equal torque. The 2.5 is somthing around 210 hp.

As some around here know I had an 04 and I really came to like it. I have been looking but could not find one that matched my car. In particular I really want a black leather interior and believe it or not that was not a very common option. Most are cream or grey an I thing it looks horrible in these cars. After that I wanted a silver exterior preferably the darker gun metal silver or the lighter silver. But finding one of these with the black interior that us decent has been next to impossible.

Then in my search the other night I found this wagon. I kind of like the red exterior on the wagon. It worked. And it has the black interior that I like as well as the options I like. So I figured what the heck go check it out and be prepared to walk away.

dean1484
9/24/16 11:04 p.m.

This is a carbon copy of the one I had that was totaled.

dean1484
9/24/16 11:21 p.m.

Oh I don't mind people bashing on these cars. They definitely are not for everyone. I really don't care what other people think about cars that I like. If anyone drives a car because someone else likes it or because some one else thinks it is cool they should seriously re evaluate their life choices.

I have covered this be for but I is worth mentioning again. Due to my business I have found that high end cars like Mercedes or BMW and even Audi cause a problem as clients always comment about me driving an expensive car. It does not start things out on a tone that us conducive to getting business. I found that most people don't know what an x type is. In fact many have assumed it is a ford of some sort and that is just fine by me. Those that do know what it I also know it is really a ford.

You can look at an x type as either the worst jag ever made or one of the best fords made. It really is a euro ford with a jag badge.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Reader
9/25/16 3:57 a.m.

out of curiosity, what is your occupation?

I would think that replacing the Jaguar badge with a blue oval might fix any perception issue

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
9/25/16 4:17 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Seems a SAAB or a volvo would be a better fit then, With this once people realized it was a jaguar (don't see how they could not personally) it would likely be worse off then with the BMW or Mercedes.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
9/25/16 8:49 a.m.

Ah... the JaguFord.

I've always had a soft spot for the wagon version. I've seen a number of them over the years.

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/25/16 10:37 p.m.

As a former and horrible salesman, all I have to say about clients thinking you drive an expensive car is; You want experience right? Because I can call the new guy, he drives a focus and has lost more clients than you want to know...

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/26/16 5:20 a.m.

Yeah, I'd like to know what business where apparent success is a bad thing. I like how Gunner said it.

dean1484
9/26/16 7:14 a.m.

I own an Architectural firm.

I think I am expected to drive a Saab.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
9/26/16 7:48 a.m.

I see tons of landscaping services and their vehicles. I don't use them but if I did, I'd lean toward the company that used the late model, nicely lettered, clean trucks and trailers rather than the 2003 rusty F-250 towing a rusty trailer.

I can't see a Saab, BMW or Mercedes (or Jag) making any difference. I think I'd want the owner of an architectural firm to be successful enough to drive any of those.

Ps: I love the Jag! Very nice.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
9/26/16 7:54 a.m.

I'd be very concerned if I hired an architect and they didn't drive something visually interesting.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
9/26/16 8:51 a.m.

My dad's friend has had one of these since new. He loves the thing. You definitely don't see many of them!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/26/16 9:02 a.m.

I like them, though I DD a SAAB 9-5 so I am probably not right in the head. I do like the wagons better than the sedan, thought I have only ever seen one. It was black and the guy driving it had a tweed hat on.

dean1484
9/26/16 1:57 p.m.

I have a tweed hat some place if it helps.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
9/26/16 2:25 p.m.

What's servicing these like? I mean for $3k, I'd probably just buy it and put my usual 8k miles a year on it and trash it when something expensive pops up 3-5 years down the line.

Goodluck on the pickup

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/26/16 3:06 p.m.

Aside from the dent I really like this one.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
9/26/16 3:17 p.m.

I looked at the rear quarter in the first photo before I noticed the Jag front end and thought "only on GRM is someone's Unicorn a Hyundai wagon..."

But the photo of the gray one above looks much better somehow. Must be a better angle. That's a pretty neat BMW alternative.

Coldsnap
Coldsnap Dork
9/26/16 3:43 p.m.

not gonna lie a hyundai touring wagon will turn my head on the streets.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UltraDork
9/26/16 3:55 p.m.
Coldsnap wrote: not gonna lie a hyundai touring wagon will turn my head on the streets.

Ditto!

dean1484
9/26/16 3:56 p.m.

Service is interesting. The driveline is suppose to be lifetime. However if you read further in the dealer shop manual they say that for severe duty you are to change fluids every 30-40k.

It has a major service at 100k for the motor. Really is not a big deal. The upper intake has to come off.

The other issues I know of are the seals on the transfer case need to be inspected as if they leak there is only about 3/4s of a quart in it and they will not last long empty.

The rest is just regular mid 2000s ford service.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/16 6:06 p.m.

I like the car from the windshield back - the rear view's pretty tidy. The front never looked integrated to em, and I don't think it's one of those cars that has become any better. The silver car above doesn't show the lights as much. That's an opinion, of course, and you know what they say about those. I will say that I'll bet the view down the hood from the driver's seat is a lot better than most repmobiles, and it's sure a lot more interesting than a Contour.

dean1484
9/26/16 6:25 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: Aside from the dent I really like this one.

This I exactly what I want. Except you will notice that it looks like it had has a cream interior.

dean1484
9/26/16 6:31 p.m.

I wish they made a s type wagon. Even better an s type R wagon. That would be really cool.

I wonder if ford ever made a wagon on the s type platform.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JQlB6Y0qnrSQrGwSaqBJe1h3rxpWOj5l5B1aTDNxnV28juUxBIE9wW8UyYksXhEU