Awesome.....

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
11/1/10 11:13 a.m.

that would make the porshe reliable...

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
11/1/10 11:19 a.m.

and Porsche enthusiast's heads to explode!

njansenv
njansenv HalfDork
11/1/10 11:20 a.m.

Meh...Porsche enthusiasts shun the Boxster anyways.

I am impressed.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/10 12:20 p.m.

Thank you, I've been waiting for this.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
11/1/10 12:46 p.m.

I like it. I may have to contact him about that project.

bigbens6
bigbens6 New Reader
11/1/10 1:15 p.m.

That is gonna be sickly.... Wish i had the time/tools/knowledge to tackle something like this

RossD
RossD Dork
11/1/10 1:24 p.m.

It looked like he was going to produce a kit for the installation. Nice.

2002maniac
2002maniac HalfDork
11/1/10 1:51 p.m.

Sweet project!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
11/1/10 1:55 p.m.

very very cool.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/10 2:49 p.m.

Hmm, I'd have used the flat six myself. Sounds better IMHO. Anyway, impressive work, should be a lot of fun when finished!

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/10 2:55 p.m.

I'll say it... impressive work, but I really don't like that scoop. I understand where he's coming from, but some other good ideas were presented and he shoots them down (probably because he has so much time in his current solution).

It would be cool if he could blend the scoop into some body work that would make it look more like a Cayman.

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
11/1/10 3:52 p.m.

Relevant to my daydreaming / interests.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/10 4:29 p.m.
Gimp wrote: I'll say it... impressive work, but I really don't like that scoop. I understand where he's coming from, but some other good ideas were presented and he shoots them down (probably because he has so much time in his current solution). It would be cool if he could blend the scoop into some body work that would make it look more like a Cayman.

+a lot. That scoop ruins it. Incredibly cool project otherwise.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic SuperDork
11/1/10 4:43 p.m.
dyintorace wrote:
Gimp wrote: I'll say it... impressive work, but I really don't like that scoop. I understand where he's coming from, but some other good ideas were presented and he shoots them down (probably because he has so much time in his current solution). It would be cool if he could blend the scoop into some body work that would make it look more like a Cayman.
+a lot. That scoop ruins it. Incredibly cool project otherwise.

But he points out that one is going to be a race car and he is planning on making it a kit. That way makes it easier for someone replicate with out modifying the chassis. The street version wouldn't have that scoop.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
11/1/10 5:56 p.m.

I actually don't even mind the scoop. It looks kinda like it could be called Razorback without anyone thinking it too much of a stretch.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
11/1/10 5:56 p.m.

Then again, I like big scoops.

dsycks
dsycks New Reader
11/1/10 10:41 p.m.

I saw this a while back when I was looking for swap info for Boxsters. Was hoping there was an LS1 but this was getting more run and for good reason.

400hp should be pretty easy to make which should make a boxster pretty darn quick.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Gko4EqLcFajR4KZGDuIli5dVqIfacQTGQXuWNGCFhV9cL00OuUPFvSWm96AHYYKR