1 2
Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
4/30/19 1:32 p.m.

I have a GT500, and know the weights on the car.  Even fully stripped, the weight is more than I woud like to start with, and I love the chassis too.  V6 versions are next to nothing really.

I have thought of the RX8 also, not sold on it I guess yet.

Corvettes I have thought about overall.  There is some things that need to be done to work with it.  Cage install is interesting on any vette more or less.

944 is an interesting thought. 

I did discuss some with a friend last night.  I had the wonder of how badly a Locost build should be.  I have one, more or less.  Just use a full cage setup in it with full bodywork.

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
5/1/19 7:28 a.m.

E36...

I thought about swapping an LS into my ‘95 M3, but couldn’t justify the cost.  I sold the M3 and bought a C5 Corvette. For less than what the swap would have cost.

I also looked at the cost for a boxster swap because I had a S model and thought it would be amazing with 100 more HP, butt the only kits for this make other swaps seem cheap.  I would love to have a mid-engine LS Boxster though.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/19 8:06 a.m.

80's Camaro all the way. 

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman New Reader
5/3/19 8:36 p.m.

I REALLY want to do a LOCOST using roundy-round parts and something like a home-built ZZ430 with a 5 speed and a quick-change rearend.

It doesn't SOUND locost, but racingjunk.com has some really tempting stuff at affordable prices and roundy-round suspension stuff is super affordable.

Having an LS engine sitting around would be icing on the cake for me.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/4/19 6:19 p.m.

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
5/4/19 7:13 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

That looks like the XXXocet that FM built a few years ago...

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/4/19 7:48 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Yep.  May not meet everyone's definition of "cheap", but if the OP already has the LS motor and trans, $10K would probably get you 90% of the way there.  Plus you get access to Miata consumables and upgrades, which makes it relatively "cheap" in the long term.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mkW6IcKcEhMh14jOSQhSFGujR62VIDe9diLh3L78fKWsAQHBC89riSHON0Oq3f5u