1 2 3
Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder PowerDork
2/20/12 2:04 p.m.

If you're going to be buying tires or wheels from the Tire Rack, please do so using the links you now see in this forum. We've set up the board as an affiliate program--which helps us keep the lights on. Thanks!

Per

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/20/12 2:33 p.m.

good to know.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/20/12 3:05 p.m.

Ad they're now in the DFP stuff up at the top. Hooray for me.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
2/20/12 3:34 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: If you're going to be buying tires or wheels from the Tire Rack, please do so using the links you now see in this forum. We've set up the board as an affiliate program--which helps us keep the lights on. Thanks! Per

Pretend I'm an idiot and help me find the links you mention, please. Not sure if it's a browser or ID10T problem, but I'm not seeing Tire Rack links anywhere.

Bryce

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/20/12 3:35 p.m.

They're right at the bottom of each thread above the "quick reply" box where you can click them by accident when overshooting any of the smilies, quote, or image icons.

Per Schroeder
2/20/12 3:36 p.m.

And now in rotation with the DFP on the leaderboard (728x90) banners at the top---slowly working out the bugs there.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
2/20/12 3:56 p.m.

Thar it is!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/20/12 4:29 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: They're right at the bottom of each thread above the "quick reply" box where you can click them by accident when overshooting any of the smilies, quote, or image icons.

Just FYI - With AdBlock on Firefox, none of the TR links show up. At all.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/20/12 4:35 p.m.

AdBlock only blocking the banner ads at the top of the page for me.

No big deal, this is just work computer. I let the ads do their thing at home, where i would order anyways.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
2/20/12 4:37 p.m.

As mentioned, those don't show up for any ad blocker stuff or on the mobile version of the forum. With ad blocker stuff (not on mobile), I still see the ads on the left for racer parts, saferacer, moroso, GRM, etc...but no tirerack. That's why I was confused...I was expecting tirerack would go in the left with the ads that aren't blocked.

Bryce

dankspeed
dankspeed Reader
2/20/12 4:49 p.m.

Doh! I just bought tires from them last week for the wife's car.

Moparman
Moparman HalfDork
2/20/12 6:34 p.m.

In reply to Per Schroeder:

Damn, my Hankook C71s just arried from Tire Rack today. Any way to get retro credit for GRM?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/12 7:24 p.m.

Just in time, I'm in the market for some three seasons for my Subaru.

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
2/20/12 7:56 p.m.

But, I dO not see them on the mobile page :(

Per Schroeder
2/20/12 8:03 p.m.

Here's the direct link: http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp?PID=5654817&AID=10470862&

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
2/20/12 8:23 p.m.

Does GRM get anything if we just "jump" to the Tire Rack site from here? Is there some way for it to count as a referral, even if I don't go and buy tires or wheels right this minute?

Per Schroeder
2/21/12 8:14 a.m.

Nope, the affiliate program only works if the click relates to a sale via the above (or below) link.

thanks!

Per

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
2/21/12 10:42 a.m.
dankspeed wrote: Doh! I just bought tires from them last week for the wife's car.

yesterday for me

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
2/21/12 11:45 a.m.

I just turned off AdBlock for the GRM domain... the page looks a lot different, lol.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
2/21/12 1:30 p.m.

Good timing (well not for me). I just installed a used BFG on my DD and it was flat by the time I got home. Blistered the sidewall Just ordered a replacement via the GRM link

scardeal
scardeal Dork
2/21/12 2:06 p.m.

I'll probably use that in the next month or so...

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
2/21/12 5:13 p.m.

My MS3 needs brakes done soon. Good to see I can support the GRM site while I'm getting parts from TR.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/12 8:06 p.m.

mazda6 is getting new shoes in the spring. i always buy from tire rack, so i will certainly get there from here.

scardeal
scardeal Dork
2/22/12 10:57 a.m.

Quick q: does this apply to non-tire purchases from TireRack? Eg suspension components?

Per Schroeder
2/22/12 12:00 p.m.

Yes!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nhdXvErUp4wqDh5rFnhL7brBoytLhYDADnPc4vvgakg2UnlhNdiuzAqKWBUyBwjk