1 2 3 4 5 6
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
7/1/13 12:35 a.m.

That's right, it was last weekend. The car show was on Sunday. You probably didn't notice it because I think there was less that two dozen cars there. Like I said, it was over at the Air Museum, I have no clue what the setup is there because I've never been there.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/13 5:52 a.m.

Ah, I didn't make it back on Sunday. I might have noticed otherwise!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
7/1/13 9:32 a.m.

Well that would be the reason why

What club was out there that weekend?

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/1/13 11:15 a.m.

Champaign County Sports Car Club. www.ccsportscarclub.org has the schedule(and preregistration), next event in Rantoul is the 20th/21st of July.

DuctTapeRS
DuctTapeRS None
11/2/13 2:09 p.m.

Count me in for RallyX also. I also know a couple other local Suby guys that would probaly run if anything can be put together.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/4/13 10:00 a.m.

Jed, too late now, but were you aware that there was an autocross at Mossville this past weekend?

garyp
garyp New Reader
11/30/13 1:35 p.m.

Still looking for site, post here if you know of anything in Central IL.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
12/1/13 6:21 p.m.

In reply to garyp:

I just checked out indianarallycross,, no dates or anything for 2014 yet. Will update if I see anything.

garyp
garyp New Reader
12/4/13 10:02 p.m.

Just came from a Champaign County Sports Car Club meeting. I put the idea before the club about sanctioning a Rallycross event. The reception was warm. The club doesn't currently have insurance for that specific type of event so they were going to get a quote from their carrier. Meanwhile, I have a line on a possible Central Illinois venue. I will post updates here when I have them.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
12/5/13 12:36 p.m.

In reply to garyp:

Cool thanks for the update

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
12/5/13 1:32 p.m.

Where is the venue? (just looking for the general area)

garyp
garyp New Reader
12/6/13 1:23 p.m.

In reply to mtn:

Taylorville area

Billy_Bottle_Caps
12/6/13 6:06 p.m.

In reply to garyp:

Very close awesome........

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
4/20/14 5:50 p.m.

2nd and 4th tuesday of may though sept is cruise night here in antioch, ill from 4 pm till when ever. There will be a drawing at 7pm. The location is in thevpiggly wiggly strip mall on ochard street. 2 blocks west of hwy 83. If anyone wants pics of thier cars I will be there most of the time or at work at the papa john pizza in the mall.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
4/27/14 1:15 p.m.

Any updates on Taylorville?

DuctTapeRS
DuctTapeRS New Reader
11/12/14 4:13 p.m.

I heard a rumor that South Fork off road park was humoring the idea of hosting?

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/24/14 9:36 a.m.

StlRallyx.org is no longer active and the domain is for sale.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/28/14 12:37 p.m.

Anxiously awaiting the 2015 schedule from Indiana Rallycross.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/29/14 10:55 a.m.

It's gotten to the point where I'm looking at the schedules of the local drag strips... maybe I'll try bracket racing.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/29/14 2:31 p.m.

Did you go to any of the Badlands rallyx events this year? It's only 1/2-hour from me, but I never made it to check it out.

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/29/14 3:41 p.m.

I'm on the very very south edge of the southern chicago suburbs, and had a similar question the other day.

I will very likely hit up some Indiana rallyx events next year. Was actually going to make a topic to see if anyone here was a regular.

Count me as another person willing to go to or help out at chicago/central il rallyx.

There is a venue in Rockford that runs rallyx, right? (Not exactly central I know)

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/29/14 4:46 p.m.

In reply to petegossett:

Never made it. I can't seem to have the disposable income and spare time simultaniously. Right now I have no spare time, when this thread was started I was laid off and didn't have the money. Lol

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
11/29/14 4:53 p.m.

Maybe I should just street race. Hopefully I don't have a blow out, hit a crub, two fents, a bursh, 4 bricks and a trash can.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/29/14 5:38 p.m.
The_Jed wrote: Maybe I should just street race. Hopefully I don't have a blow out, hit a crub, two fents, a bursh, 4 bricks and a trash can.

Lmao - I think you just won teh interwebz today!

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/30/14 10:50 p.m.

If you all are willing to drive as far as Rockford, Stateline Rallycross hosts a good number of events each year. I have not made it to one of theirs yet, but hard good things from someone who did www.statelinerallycross.com/

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
omPsxMj8ktSSTHrZUwP17JDvXJAHHQS6N2qVIw9vdwxozeyx5EnHRsBZjsUkldu1